My MODS To Protect Gimbal And Camera... Opinion Please

Well, it looks reasonable and if it holds up against high-impact collisions, great. How much does it weigh? What material is it?

Are you thinking of putting it on the market? If so, I'm sure that you know that there are quite a few of these gimbal protection solutions available.

Hi

It is acrilic..

Total weight add is less than 60 grams ( HORIZONTAL MOTOR LOCKER + UNDER GIMBAL PROTECTION )

I'm from brasil, and i do not think yet to put it on market, but it is a good idea...

Thanks

Got something similar on mine.

Wish I had it on my first gimbal!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    471.6 KB · Views: 587
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 679
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    557.8 KB · Views: 618
It looks ok but how does the box stay attached to the gimbal?

You should also puts some attention into the exposed ribbon cable near the bottom of the camera. The protector you have in place on the landing gear is useless without having something in place to secure it. That piece will pop out upon impact. Tie straps would help.

Btw, getting the two antennas out from inside the legs will help increase reception more. Just make sure the ends of the wire tips remain straight and not bent at a angle.

flyNfrank said:
It looks ok but how does the box stay attached to the gimbal?

You should also puts some attention into the exposed ribbon cable near the bottom of the camera. The protector you have in place on the landing gear is useless without having something in place to secure it. That piece will pop out upon impact. Tie straps would help.

Btw, getting the two antennas out from inside the legs will help increase reception more. Just make sure the ends of the wire tips remain straight and not bent at a angle.

The protection box stay attached to the gimbal with 3M DOUBLE FACE...

And the flat protection under the gimbal, is attached by pression and WITH PLASTIC STRAPS ( THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN BEFORE I PUT THE STRAPS )

The antennas i will try to Test it outside of the lags

With default i get 1263m from distance with FPV...

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=27822

Well 60 grams is a lot. The P2V+ is already a heavy pig to begin with.
IMO Polycarbonate would be a better options since it is stronger and more fracture resistant.

What will happen when the pitch servo shaft breaks instead? ;)

Panamon Creel said:
Well 60 grams is a lot. The P2V+ is already a heavy pig to begin with.
IMO Polycarbonate would be a better options since it is stronger and more fracture resistant.

What will happen when the pitch servo shaft breaks instead? ;)

The most common is the camera jumps out from the horizontal motor/magnets

The vertical shaft still free to DIE ^^^

I have measured it now, and the exact weight is 28 Grams

Exact...

MY modification i do not need to cut the ORIGINAL gimbal TRALVER LOCKER to use it..

And total 28 grams is gimbal motor/camera LOCKER and under gimbal camera protection !

Only the camera/gimbal protection locker i believe that is has less than 5 grams

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl