My long lasting Phantom

Reaction score
Call me chicken but,,,No return to homes,no fpv, no phone, no waypoints, no auto land ,,Nothin, just me flying almost every day in PHANTOM mode and getting some amazing video SAFELY.
I added a gimble guard , a landing gear extension made from plastic coat hangers and a led light up front to keep me orientated.
oyea,,, not an update yet, just good battery charge and common sense flying.
FLYBYNIGHT

So in essence you just keep the quad in LOS and fly it, good for you, and your videos are where ??, would love to see if they are amazing.

Just curious as to why you say "amazing video SAFELY"

is there some danger in flying as we do as opposed to how you do ?

And as for updates, well they are optional, but most will tell you that they are for a reason, such as limiting descent speed to prevent VRS, so is it wise to not upgrade ?

yes i believe when you craft is out of sight the risk level increases dramatically, i worked hard for the money and just trying to make her last.
I will post some videos as soon as i learn how.
it works fine and my auto decent rate when i lock stick down is slow and stable with prop guards.

flybynight said:
yes i believe when you craft is out of sight the risk level increases dramatically,

I mean this in a friendly way, but risk of what exactly? If the craft is going to suffer a technical fault or bird strike and fall from the sky, it doesn't matter whether it's 10, 50, 100 or 2000 meters away, acts of god don't know how far you are from home point.

The one thing I would say increases risk is hitting an object if you aren't being careful... since it's so far away you won't see where you are relative to buildings, trees, etc. but if you're THAT far away (BLOS) chances are you're up above most obstacles anyway since even if you can't see it, FPV And Remote Control still LOS to work.
I just wouldn't say that a BLOS flight is "dramatically" higher risk than a normal flight. I'd say slightly.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20