My First Point Cloud

Reaction score
The power and simplicity of this technolgy keeps amazing me. My first attempt at a photogrammetry point cloud. Photos shot with my P2, H3-3D, Gopro Hero 3 Black, autonomous Groundstation flight. 150 photos, straight down. Created with Pix4d...simply amazing program.

The power and simplicity of this technolgy keeps amazing me. My first attempt at a photogrammetry point cloud. Photos shot with my P2, H3-3D, Gopro Hero 3 Black, autonomous Groundstation flight. 150 photos, straight down. Created with Pix4d...simply amazing program.

Really amazed by this - I'd never heard of point clouds before.

I've just looked at the Pix4d website and noted it's really expensive: £222 just to hire for one month. Did you use that version, or 'Discovery', the free one ?

Really amazed by this - I'd never heard of point clouds before.

I've just looked at the Pix4d website and noted it's really expensive: £222 just to hire for one month. Did you use that version, or 'Discovery', the free one ?

Imo £222 is a steal if you have an application for it. Definitely not for hobby tinkering. Discovery mode will get you all functionality to learn the software, just no outputs to other pieces of software.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj