My first meeting.......

Reaction score
My local fire and police department contacted me last night. Anyway the township is looking into using UAV's. Meeting is Monday night

dirkclod said:
Very useful for Search And Rescue, Finding drowned victims in streams or just curious maybe ;) Really wish I had mine when I was still working as it would have saved me a lot of walking !

Thats about it, they also want to be able to film fires and use the video as a training tool. I'm just going to give them a short demo with my Phantom 2. It will be up to them to take a look at the other products out there and their bank account

FASTFJR said:
I tried my best to be good rep for DJI

I'm continually perplexed why so many people in here bend over backwards to show loyalty and deference to DJI ??

DJI is an all-Chinese company. They don't have an American engineering base like Apple does. So why help your local government utilize a purely Chinese product? Seems like treason at worst, or maybe quiet surrender at the least. "60 Minutes" recently aired an interview with the new FBI director and he blatantly stated that China is the undisputed #1 source of all computer attacks against U.S. government and corporate databases. China is very much trying to steal our nuclear, tactical, and corporate secrets in order to have power over us. Why are we being loyal to China when they only wish us ill will and take our dollars ?!?

Plus, given the multitude of stories in here about how DJI basically tells their customers to "shove it where the sun don't shine" when it comes to technical support, I don't see why a local police dept. would be heartily enthused about buying equipment from this Chinese company. Just imagine when a little kid goes missing in your town and time is running out, and a police detective calls up DJI Tech Support to ask for urgent help about a malfunctioning Phantom and hears the basic response --- "Send the unit back to the vendor where you bought it. It's not our problem".

MadMitch88 said:
FASTFJR said:

I'm continually perplexed why so many people in here bend over backwards to show loyalty and deference to DJI ??

DJI is an all-Chinese company. They don't have an American engineering base like Apple does. So why help your local government utilize a purely Chinese product? Seems like treason at worst, or maybe quiet surrender at the least. "60 Minutes" recently aired an interview with the new FBI director and he blatantly stated that China is the undisputed #1 source of all computer attacks against U.S. government and corporate databases. China is very much trying to steal our nuclear, tactical, and corporate secrets in order to have power over us. Why are we being loyal to China when they only wish us ill will and take our dollars ?!?

Plus, given the multitude of stories in here about how DJI basically tells their customers to "shove it where the sun don't shine" when it comes to technical support, I don't see why a local police dept. would be heartily enthused about buying equipment from this Chinese company. Just imagine when a little kid goes missing in your town and time is running out, and a police detective calls up DJI Tech Support to ask for urgent help about a malfunctioning Phantom and hears the basic response --- "Send the unit back to the vendor where you bought it. It's not our problem".

Tell me what American company is selling a unit like this an I would be happy to use them. :roll:

MadMitch88 said:
FASTFJR said:

MadMitch88, do you own any DJI products? If so why? Surly you don't own a Phantom and then bash anyone else that does. If not why are you here on this forum?

I bet his angry because he lives in Cleveland :D

Mitch with all your bitching about DJI.......not once did you offer another company where I can find a similar product. With that said your post is 100% useless

Fastfjr contact chad turner at http://www.uav-outlet.com/
904-800-7725 Jacksonville Fl.
I know for a fact he has a bunches of phantoms and flaming wheels on hand ready to deliver.
Plus the fact that chad is also a repair tech guy. And he speaks Engiish.

BTW, for a million dollars I'd gladly bring them a dozen units ready to fly.

Suwaneeguy said:
Fastfjr contact chad turner at http://www.uav-outlet.com/
904-800-7725 Jacksonville Fl.
I know for a fact he has a bunches of phantoms and flaming wheels on hand ready to deliver.
Plus the fact that chad is also a repair tech guy. And he speaks Engiish.

BTW, for a million dollars I'd gladly bring them a dozen units ready to fly.

Thanks

Old Gazer said:
MadMitch88, do you own any DJI products? If so why? Surly you don't own a Phantom and then bash anyone else that does. If not why are you here on this forum?

Yes, I own a Vision+.

However, I fly my craft purely on a hobby basis. I know full well all of it's limitations, as well as the crappy service DJI provides it's customers. I'm proud of my handiwork skills and ability to fix any potential problems that may arise with this buggy quad, so therefore I don't feel imprisoned by DJI's woefully insufficient tech support. Besides, flying an RC quacopter is only a recreational event for me. If it flies away or crashes, I just shrug my shoulders and try to learn from it as I start shopping for my next multirotor.

Once you cross the line into serious police work where human lives may be at stake --- it's absolutely ridiculous to recommend this faulty product for important tasks like search-and-rescue. If the average user like you or me has a problem with the Vision, we just land it, take it home and forget about it for a couple weeks until we get around to fixing the problem. Police depts. with missing people don't have that luxury! I sure as hell don't want my local police dept. depending on some aloof Chinese company to get back to them in a couple weeks about a technical issue while somebody's child goes missing in the woods during a cold winter night and every hour is precious.

Jeez, can't some of you see beyond your own little worlds and see the big picture here ?!? :oops:

FASTFJR said:
Mitch with all your bitching about DJI.......not once did you offer another company where I can find a similar product. With that said your post is 100% useless

My life doesn't revolve around your trivial needs and wants. :D

Try to show some initiative and search online for a reputable American company that makes reliable multirotors that are more suited to police and fire departments. Do you honestly believe DJI is the only company in the world making multirotors with a camera attached? :shock:

Once again --- just because you fly a DJI product doesn't make you obligated to be their lackey boy. I'm still confused why so many people in here have that misguided mentality. Same thing with the Apple Fan Bois I guess. Thank God my parents raised me to look at things objectively and call a spade a spade when I see it. When I fly my Vision+ o'er the fields and woods, I see a plastic toy that's kinda nice for taking videos that I can watch on my laptop, but I sure as hell don't wanna rely on this buggy machine with all of it's flaws and shortcomings to search for missing people or other important work delegated to a local police dept.

Geez madmitch, having a bad day or what? I believe the op said the township is considering using UAV's. Nothing said about using DJI. Like it or not, UAV's will more than likely be used in search and rescue, law enforcement and fire departments. At least I hope so. Not to mention your little rant went a bit beyond just bashing DJI. I'd bet have the crap in your house is made in China.

I'm not obligated to anyone. Who died and made you king of all UAV's. Its nothing but a start for them, their are 4 other companies in the county who are using DJI products. I've had an Phantom 1 & 2 with over 300 flights and have not had any issues. That is why I recommend it to them. And once again with all your talking you still have not mention one American company.

I've got one in Canada but their "Draganflyer Guardian" is about 10K.......a little too much for the beginner ;)

Along with DJI, their is Thunder Tiger, Walkera etc......you want to add an American company to the list?

Old Gazer said:
Geez madmitch, having a bad day or what? I believe the op said the township is considering using UAV's. Nothing said about using DJI. Like it or not, UAV's will more than likely be used in search and rescue, law enforcement and fire departments. At least I hope so. Not to mention your little rant went a bit beyond just bashing DJI. I'd bet have the crap in your house is made in China.

You completely missed the jist of my rant.

I'm not against police depts. using UAVs at all. But I think it's silly the OP is highly recommending the Phantom Vision+ for an important role in a local police dept. Just wander around in this discussion board and 90% of the posts are about technical problems with the Phantom that is causing a lot of aggravation with the customer base. Is that a product you want trying to find one of your missing loved ones on a cold winter night where their life might be slipping away because some Chinese company tells you to "stick it" when it comes to technical support?

I dunno about you --- but I'd want my local police to be using an American-made UAV that has 24/7 ON-SITE technical support to quickly solve problems. Get that bird in the air fast so it can save lives!

Your ranting alright and you are coming off as a fool. Your all talk and no substance. Their are plenty of fire and police companies around the country using products from DJI. I didn't highly recommend anything, I was asked to attend a meeting and bring my UAV. They also had a chief from another company who had his own. I told them what it could do and what it couldn't. I showed them how it flew. They liked it and the price. I did recommend it from a personal standpoint because unlike you I've never had any issues with mine. I'm done explaining myself

I do not see a single post by the op trying to sell a DJI product to the township. Read his post just before your rant. He asks if anyone knows of a U.S. Dealer that sells a product like a Phantom. If his township is anything like the small town I live in, a demonstration with most any decent quad would be most helpful in educating the people just what a quad can do.

Old Gazer said:
I do not see a single post by the op trying to sell a DJI product to the township. Read his post just before your rant. He asks if anyone knows of a U.S. Dealer that sells a product like a Phantom. If his township is anything like the small town I live in, a demonstration with most any decent quad would be most helpful in educating the people just what a quad can do.

Thank you

Correct, in a nut shell I was showing them what they could do with a Phantom type of UAV. Based on the money they have I recommended the Vision Plus. Our three township firehouses are all volunteer. A few of the guys fly RC planes and Helios so they understand what it does.

Old Gazer said:
I do not see a single post by the op trying to sell a DJI product to the township. Read his post just before your rant.

The OP changed one of his posts from this evening --- his post from around 6pm tonight said: "Did my best to represent DJI well". This is in reference to his meeting with local police about their purchase of quadcopters.

That sure sounds like someone heavily endorsing DJI products, no ??

FASTFJR said:
Your ranting alright and you are coming off as a fool. Your all talk and no substance. Their are plenty of fire and police companies around the country using products from DJI. I didn't highly recommend anything, I was asked to attend a meeting and bring my UAV. They also had a chief from another company who had his own. I told them what it could do and what it couldn't. I showed them how it flew. They liked it and the price. I did recommend it from a personal standpoint because unlike you I've never had any issues with mine. I'm done explaining myself

Nice of you to edit your previous post from around 6pm where you blatantly stated: "Did my best to represent DJI well" :p

Look, I could care less what your local police decides to buy for their UAV needs. I just think it's better to objectively assess an important decision like spending thousands on UAVs for a police dept. rather than just be a DJI Fan Boi. I get so annoyed by some people in here who suckle at the teats of DJI as if they owe their lives to a Chinese company that doesn't give a squirt about them. Awfully weird stuff if you ask me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj