My first flight

Reaction score
Hello all you pro pilots.

My Phantom 3 Pro came in the mail yesterday, I updated firmware, calibrated compass and charged up the batteries and took my first flight with it (previously I had some cheap WL Toys I played with). I was amazed at how easy it was to fly. I did notice a bit of 4k flickering when I tried to playback my test flight but this could be my PC lacking in juice. No programs would run my video but VLC did with little lag and flickering. I hope it is in fact a PC issue.

It was quite windy yesterday so I was a little weary of flying for the first time with it, but it handled the 30km/h winds with ease. Anyways, just wanted to say hello to everyone here and looking forward to some fun times in the air.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I also see some flickering/lag when playing back 4k video on slower computers. That is most likely the issue, but you can certainly verify that by trying a faster computer.

Welcome to the forum! :)

I also see some flickering/lag when playing back 4k video on slower computers. That is most likely the issue, but you can certainly verify that by trying a faster computer.

Thanks msinger, I also noticed there was no audio, there's probably an option somewhere in the pilot app to enable it right?

I will also try to record in 1080p and see if I see an improvement because I do not have access to a faster computer at the moment.

Thanks again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31