my first encounter with a jerk

knuckles said:
This is where I was flying this morning btw.. :cool: In general I try to avoid people which is why I left before sunrise this morning to go fly. It doesn't always turn out that way though.
B-VnwwPCUAAtbBh.jpg:large
Great place to fly!
Love the pic.

I think "live and let live" may work against what you're actually saying there Ash, in real life they do have a negative effect on a lot of people, they are allowed to say it out loud as well.

The problem is it's all about them at that moment and we will suffer that, this "we can educate them" won't work with the ones that will come up I find it best just to say sorry and move away asap. Tell them Jesus gave you permission it's always an ice breaker :)

Anything for a happy day

Narrator said:
knuckles said:
This is where I was flying this morning btw.. :cool: In general I try to avoid people which is why I left before sunrise this morning to go fly. It doesn't always turn out that way though.
Great place to fly!
Love the pic.
Thanks man. I'm finishing up a video from my last month of flights that place will be included. I might post it tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks for everyone's comments I got a few laughs out of it :cool:

That was mild in my book. .I live next to a bunch of hill billies. .(me included)
I have had one guy make false statments saying I was spying on a person's window and he was going to shoot it down..
I've had one call the police and ask if he could shot down a drone that was spying on him..he said it was pge checking power lines.. ( tweaker)
I paid a visit to the tool that said i was looking in a window ..he wasn't so tuff when I about snapped him in two..just to avoid problems I've avoided flying over his property..
guess that wasn't good enough for him ..he decided to tell everyone up here about the geo fence after two months of me staying away from him..
after I read another post from him I decided to let him know that my drone doesn't do geo fences by doing a bunch of hot laps above his house. .
I was nice ,but say goodbye to the nice guy..
if I could get away with it I would punch him in his face..haha

knuckles said:
....And if I could, I would be hiking on that trail. AZ=wonderful place.

I finished and posted the video in the photo/video section if anyone's interested. This is from the past months of all my flights in this area
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=35440

(the jerk did not make it in the video :cool:

some info about that area:
The Apache Trail in Arizona was a stagecoach trail that ran through the Superstition Mountains. It was named the Apache Trail after the Apache Indians who originally used this trail to move through the Superstition Mountains.
The Trail winds steeply through 40 miles (64 km) of rugged desert mountains, past deep reservoir lakes like Canyon Lake and Apache Lake. The narrow, winding road is unpaved from just east of the town of Tortilla Flat to Roosevelt Dam; there are steep cliff drops and little in the way of safety barriers.

"Where the hell is Tortilla Flats!" LOL :lol:

Attachments

• Library - 3379.jpg
    Library - 3379.jpg
    806.6 KB · Views: 428
  • Library - 3365.jpg
    Library - 3365.jpg
    1,014.3 KB · Views: 415
You know I have pics of me with my face in the toilet seat I'm not sharing! :lol:

I have been there many times, my first time was in the early 1980's. Love to take that route every so often in my rental car :lol: . Ever see those guys pulling boats on those roads! Crazy stuff!
Do you think you could get away flying near/over Tonto National Monument? Up the canyon from Tonto is supposed to be more cliff dwellings not open to the public. The dam would be cool too but that would probably garner you a visit from the local LEO. Lots of great places along Apache Trail to shoot, so many holes in the rocks way up, etc. Awesome scenery. I wanted to get over there when I had my Phantom with me last November. I was hoping to fly that tourist trap that has the gold mine tower and assorted out buildings just after you leave the populated area of Apache Junction, before the road turns to dirt as I recall. I would also like to fly Weaver's Needle sometime as well as the Salt River Canyon. We should get together the next time I come out. I stay in Chandler & Marana when I am there.

Also, did you see there is a new TV show about the Superstition Mountain gold seekers. That sneaky Dutchman! :lol:

Attachments

• Library - 3387.jpg
    Library - 3387.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 355
I go to tortilla flats at least once week to fly out there. I almost put that building in my video. Later in the day it does get crowded with tourists. I've thought about asking permission to fly at the Goldfield ghost town before but haven't done it yet. There's a big sign that says that any commercial filming needs permission and insurance before filming. I'd feel better asking permission anyway. I think that some people live on the property even very early in the morning there's workers walking around.

I've yet to go all the way to Roosevelt dam. I've gone as far as Apache Lake on the dirt road which was a bit rough. The dam was more miles down that road. I don't think I'd want to risk flying any national monuments especially with any park rangers around.

That road is a bit dangerous. Unfortunately one day I was heading up the road probably less than 2 miles past tortilla flats where there was a motorcycle crash with the guy lying in the road. There were a few other bikers by him and one guy in an SUV went to call 911. There's no cell signal there. I blocked the road with my hazard lights on so no one coming around the corner would risk hitting the people in the road. It must have taken 30 minutes for the sheriff to show up then maybe 15 minutes more for the ambulance. I was nervous when I saw the ambulance heading up without the sirens. My wife said she saw flowers the next time we past that spot. I'm thinking the biker didn't make it. His bike was standing up right with wheel in air into the rock wall. I'd guess he tried to take the corner too fast but who knows very sad. When I was blocking the road waiting for the police a lady told me that she saw a worse bike accident earlier the same day. I guess they try to push the speed on all the curves. There's a few spots that make me nervous that barely have enough room for two cars to pass each other on the dirt road with cliff on the side. I always take it easy around that part.
I haven't seen that show yet sounds interesting.

You should really go to the end and see the dam and then Tonto. A very cool cliff dwelling you can climb up into.

Here is a photo I took along the old road to Oatman. This was a curve with the short rock wall barriers that wouldn't stop a Big Wheel. Seems a few have made this error over the years. Click it open to see the carnage.

Attachments

• 100_1597.JPG
    100_1597.JPG
    1,012.5 KB · Views: 490
Dog walkers are the worst!
To the average dog walker every park is considered "their park" and therefore anything or anyone else using "their park" must have "their approval" otherwise it is "their right" to abuse anyone that doesn't fit "their sensibilities".
Before quads i was into filming attractive dancing girls in nice locations and selling the films.
I would have serious looking cameras and tripods along with a pile of stuff that i would keep in a pile nearby. How often did dog walkers allow their dogs to hassle me? How often did i have to chase away a dog that was about to **** it's leg on my equipment?
What was the usual response from the owners when i politely requested they control their dogs?
100% of the time was aggression followed by the same lame excuse for not exercising dog restraint was "Its a dog park" which therefore allows them to act like lowlife jerks.... 100% of the time!

Now I launch from the shadows and remain out of sight.
Result = No hassles from a**holes.

Reactions: Reed L
I got up early this morning and hiked about 2 miles to be on the side of a mountain early morning. I did two flights after 8am. Three ladies walked past me on the trail while I was there and another couple. We all said good morning etc. Then came along an angry older couple. They complained that they were bothered by the noise of my quadcopter and I was invading their privacy. I explained to them that if they were in my camera they would be about the size of an ant. I also apologized that I bothered them "twice" as I was packing up anyway. They continued to stand there like they didn't hear my first apology to the point where I asked them "I already apologized to you twice what more do you want me to do".
I should have known what kind of people they were when the first thing they asked me was if that was illegal. When they were starting to walk off they said it should be illegal. I'm sure they complained to the state park ranger.

I have flown my quadcopter all over california and arizona. All my encounters with people have been good ones until today. My wife thinks they needed a snickers and were grumpy early in the morning because they probably hadn't eaten.
Bq6jUNOCIAE_cPe.jpg

As an ear tweak ...not all (we) older people are angry or as pedantic as these two you met with! Best way out of these situations is disarm the situation...without grovelling, they went away happy having put the young upstart in his place!

To the average dog walker every park is considered "their park" and therefore anything or anyone else using "their park" must have "their approval" otherwise it is "their right" to abuse anyone that doesn't fit "their sensibilities".
Before quads i was into filming attractive dancing girls in nice locations and selling the films.
I would have serious looking cameras and tripods along with a pile of stuff that i would keep in a pile nearby. How often did dog walkers allow their dogs to hassle me? How often did i have to chase away a dog that was about to **** it's leg on my equipment?
What was the usual response from the owners when i politely requested they control their dogs?
100% of the time was aggression followed by the same lame excuse for not exercising dog restraint was "Its a dog park" which therefore allows them to act like lowlife jerks.... 100% of the time!

Now I launch from the shadows and remain out of sight.
Result = No hassles from a**holes.
As a dog walking drone pilot, I'm confused. You filmed "dancing girls" in dog parks, and were upset that there were dogs around? It is the dancing girls in the dog parks that have me confused, not your dislike for dogs or their owners.

Reactions: Man.Of.Kent
I think you misread it. He said...

So they are just regular parks the dog people have deemed their own. At least thats how I read it. ;)

Reactions: Alien Warrior
I think you misread it. He said...

So they are just regular parks the dog people have deemed their own. At least thats how I read it. ;)
No, no TJ, it is this line that has me confused; "Before quads i was into filming attractive dancing girls in nice locations and selling the films." And then he goes on to talk about the dogs in the park where he was filming "attractive girls dancing".
I'm just trying to wrap my head around the image of dancing girls in the park, whose images were money makers for this gentleman. It was just an interesting, funny, and confusing statement that has left my imagination open to lots of imagery - some family friendly, some not.

Like the saying goes, "sex sells". He is just proving that statement is true I guess. :D

Maybe he needs to send me links privately so I can verify. :D

Stop apologizing. Just stop. You have every right to be there as much as they do.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj