My experience with DJI warranty...

Reaction score
I have a post in another thread, but long story short.

P4 Pro. Under warranty, obviously less then a year old. Bought two batteries for it. Drone had VERY limited usage (battery had around 10 charges)

It will cost me roughly 500$ cdn just to get it back and flying again. No one contacted me, no one asked any questions. They didnt ask for the battery. I would like to have explained it to them, but they just sent an invoice asking for money to repair. So yah. On my 4th DJI drone and I learned a valuable lesson about battery warranty and how DJI operates when a drone falls out of the sky. Really disappointed that it wasnt fully covered, and they didnt even ASK to see the essentially like new battery that failed.

Attachments

• DJI.JPG
    DJI.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 375
Can someone comment if these battery values would have caused this crash?!?

Attachments

• LOG.png
    LOG.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 334
I have a post in another thread, but long story short.

P4 Pro. Under warranty, obviously less then a year old. Bought two batteries for it. Drone had VERY limited usage (battery had around 10 charges)

It will cost me roughly 500$ cdn just to get it back and flying again. No one contacted me, no one asked any questions. They didnt ask for the battery. I would like to have explained it to them, but they just sent an invoice asking for money to repair. So yah. On my 4th DJI drone and I learned a valuable lesson about battery warranty and how DJI operates when a drone falls out of the sky. Really disappointed that it wasnt fully covered, and they didnt even ASK to see the essentially like new battery that failed.

Same thing happened to me 2 weeks ago. I had phantom 4 pro with a battery that is outside of 6 months. Only had total of 12 charge cycles.

Finally heard back from DJI and they said same happened.

something sounds shady when they warranty the drone and battery different. I asked should I replace batteries every 6 months to avoid this problem? They said it should last longer. Then why did this happen with no prior notification or obvious signs.

Can someone comment if these battery values would have caused this crash?!?
Is that the log from the crash? If so it would be more helpful to see what the cell voltages are at and prior to the 94s interval where DJI claims the voltage issues caused the battery to shut down. All
Looks normal in the screenshot you posted. Consider linking to the complete log and we might be able to offer a more informed opinion.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl