My evening: flight one!

Reaction score
Well I finally got me an fc40.
Got delivered on a stormy day yesterday in the UK and was extremely gutted I couldn't fly!
Today was windy too but this evening the wind dropped to next to nothing.

So I followed the checklist. The copter got gps, set home then I lost my constant green flash.
Wouldn't find anymore satellites so I moved it.
Eventually I got them so I flew off.
Really impressed at the way it flew and battled the wind. The down draught underneath was shocking!
Anyway, I've set failsafe to the left stick at the bottom.
I wanted to try it out so I clicked it down to test it. The copter just sat there. Did I do anything wrong?

jamwatn said:
Anyway, I've set failsafe to the left stick at the bottom.?

Failsafe is when the unit has lost communication with the transmitter, it then triggers the unit to return to home, so it has to be flying before it does it.

As for your statement, im not sure what you mean, failsafe is achieved by either turning off the transmitter or activating Naza mode on the unit and then setting the S1 switch button (right side of of transmitter) bottom position to activate failsafe.

The above is achieved through the phantom assistant software by activating IOC mode , to do this click the word Phantom at the top of the screen and it will change to Naza (you will get a warning box)

PS put your location in your profile, there may be other fliers in your area.

Aaaah I feel stupid. I connected it to the software and realise I'd not programmed it to the left at all, I'd just turned on home lock! I'll try it out again though I'm sure it's ok!!

im sorry im reading "to the left" in your post, the left button on the right is for Home lock and course lock functions, the button on the right is for ATTI and fail safe mode

Make sure it is set to FAILSAFE and not MANUAL, lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl