My Drone Content!

Reaction score
I post content on youtube and instagram, if any fellow aerial videographer would be interested in checking out my stuff i would appreciate it - Louie Johns

If you like my stuff subscriber and leave a comment - Thanks

Leave links below with your stuff so i can check out your work!

"This video contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds".

Can't view it here in North Carolina anyway . . .

The second video was neat. I will say, though, if you are looking for feedback. With drones it is a good idea to, when editing, transition cuts while the current movement is still occurring, and transition in while the movement of the next scene is already occurring. When you change movements in a scene, it doesn't look good, unless you are verrrrrrrryyyyy smooth about it. And by that I mean smooth enough that you don't even notice it. At least, that's a desirable way to edit these "atmospheric" videos.

The initial clips of the soccer field were not that visually interesting, but the latter half was great with the fields and town.

I would love to see your first clip... I will have to spin up the proxy...

Baller... For those wondering, I used a Netherlands proxy, and I got it just fine (UK endpoint). That first video is nice. I dig the track (maybe a little profane, but good track). The only thing I would reiterate is that you seem to like to cut/transition in/out just prior or after moves.

For an example of what I am talking about, here is one I shot this summer.
Now, there are two abrupt move changes that happen at 1:09 and 1:15 that I am not proud of, I would have eased in and out of the limits if I were paying attention. There is also a point around 1:40 where the props are visible due to a strong headwind, and that darn horizon will be the death of me. However you can see how I strove to transition scenes while the move I wanted to capture was actively occurring.

There is a little blip at 0:50 where I have 2 or 3 frames of a stop motion in at the end of a transition, this was due to moving transitions around to line up a but with the music, and I haaaaate that it made it in, but meh. Overall pleased with the result.

You could easily cut that first video (and even the second, US-working video) up a bit to not have the changes. You can even transition over the changes (just cut the changes out) or shuffle them so you don't get that feeling of "something has been cut out" that is also a mood breaker.

Reactions: LouieJ
Baller... For those wondering, I used a Netherlands proxy, and I got it just fine (UK endpoint). That first video is nice. I dig the track (maybe a little profane, but good track). The only thing I would reiterate is that you seem to like to cut/transition in/out just prior or after moves.

For an example of what I am talking about, here is one I shot this summer.
Now, there are two abrupt move changes that happen at 1:09 and 1:15 that I am not proud of, I would have eased in and out of the limits if I were paying attention. There is also a point around 1:40 where the props are visible due to a strong headwind, and that darn horizon will be the death of me. However you can see how I strove to transition scenes while the move I wanted to capture was actively occurring.

There is a little blip at 0:50 where I have 2 or 3 frames of a stop motion in at the end of a transition, this was due to moving transitions around to line up a but with the music, and I haaaaate that it made it in, but meh. Overall pleased with the result.

You could easily cut that first video (and even the second, US-working video) up a bit to not have the changes. You can even transition over the changes (just cut the changes out) or shuffle them so you don't get that feeling of "something has been cut out" that is also a mood breaker.
Thanks for the help man, definitely noted for next time!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj