my DBS Itelite antenna install and test..

What do you call them little tabs that are used to fill in the stock antenna holes?

What size are those?

I left mine empty and could not find anything to cover them with.

6mm drill bit is used to make the holes.

Can you please post a link to the install video that you mentioned? The install video that I found on the DBS Website says its for the inspire 1, and the person installing mentions some of the steps he is doing based on the application of that particular customer and the dual transmitter setup. Is the transmitter the same as the inspire 1?

Follow this video it's the same install as DBS and FPVLR

Follow this video it's the same install as DBS and FPVLR

Hey there, I just ordered my extender from DBS mods. I'm really looking forward to getting it... but I'm seeing some mixed ideas when it comes to installation. For example, the video above from FPVLR shows to drill your antenna holes on the front of the controller between your stock antennas, but the DBS installation says to drill your antenna holes on top of your controller above the sticks. Does it matter which spot you choose? I really can't see how... I think I'd rather drill them in the front between the stock antennas just to keep them out of the way- unless there is a solid reason not to. What do you think?

Hey there, I just ordered my extender from DBS mods. I'm really looking forward to getting it... but I'm seeing some mixed ideas when it comes to installation. For example, the video above from FPVLR shows to drill your antenna holes on the front of the controller between your stock antennas, but the DBS installation says to drill your antenna holes on top of your controller above the sticks. Does it matter which spot you choose? I really can't see how... I think I'd rather drill them in the front between the stock antennas just to keep them out of the way- unless there is a solid reason not to. What do you think?

It does not matter but I think they send short cables and they seem to only run on top over the controls I would not do that but your choice

It does not matter but I think they send short cables and they seem to only run on top over the controls I would not do that but your choice

When you get the antenna and parts take a look and see if the cables are long enough to run under the board as stock to keep away of controls just don't bend the new cable to make the install

When you get the antenna and parts take a look and see if the cables are long enough to run under the board as stock to keep away of controls just don't bend the new cable to make the install
Thanks! Will do.

Update: Got my ITELITE kit today and did the install. Everything went smooth, and took it for a flight. Before the mod I was getting about 2500 ft where I live (a congested suburban area of Florida) and now I'm getting about a mile. It's kind of a let down considering I'm now only getting what I should've gotten with a stock setup. Another concern of mine is this... When flying with the new mod, it sometimes will randomly disconnect feed to pilot app, and screen will go gray, then, it will all of the sudden connect again and show Green GPS and full antenna bars again. Anybody else dealing with this? Here is a pic of my cables on the inside of controller.

Attachments

• 20150904_161636.jpg
    20150904_161636.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 342
Update: Got my ITELITE kit today and did the install. Everything went smooth, and took it for a flight. Before the mod I was getting about 2500 ft where I live (a congested suburban area of Florida) and now I'm getting about a mile. It's kind of a let down considering I'm now only getting what I should've gotten with a stock setup. Another concern of mine is this... When flying with the new mod, it sometimes will randomly disconnect feed to pilot app, and screen will go gray, then, it will all of the sudden connect again and show Green GPS and full antenna bars again. Anybody else dealing with this? Here is a pic of my cables on the inside of controller.

The antenna is more directional that stock. You have to make sure your pointing at the P3 directly.

Do you happen to know if the cables have to be specifically attached to each port on the Mod, or can they be crossed and attached opposite? Not sure if that has anything to do with it...

@Julius717 - Bay Area here also - Rose Garden - thinking about getting the DBS MOD. I haven't gone far to fly yet - still learning the ropes, but, I only get around 2200ft around here, max.

You have doubled your range and you should be pretty happy about that. There is no range you "should have" gotten as advertised range is within a clear area and not a guarantee. If you want to fly in the middle of no where or a park or anywhere with no RF interference you will get the advertised range of not then some. If you fly in a highly wifi congested area you can not have those expects ration and frankly a mile in a urban area is a very very good range to have. Adding a pair of 2.4ghz amplifiers will significantly improve that if you seriously need more than that.

Reactions: Fplvert
Today personal best with itelite boosted 2.5 watt apps 10,277 meters one way.good signal all the way.that was still at 74% battery I should have pushed that other 4% might have hit 11,000 meters.no channel hack this antenna works awesome...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4