My "Crash" Video - My P2V is one tough cookie!

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I ran into a little problem while running an autonomous flight. I am not sure why, but I don't think my P2V ever got to the programmed height of 100 ft. That was problem #1. You'll note that after it hits the building, it actually climbs to what I believe is the correct height. I'm not sure why it didn't get there earlier and why it did after the crash? Problem #2 I was unaware of the "failsafe" to regain RC control during an autonomous flight.

I find it amazing that the bird actually hits the building, plummets toward the ground, BUT then recovers and flies on (for a little while). How does it do THAT? I am also not sure why it suddenly plummeted in the end. Could it be due to the fact that I put the controller in my car and drove to the site? I don't believe I ever turned off the RC. Just put it in my car and drove over to the site.

If you read the story at YouTube, you will learn that I had to call the building super to go to the roof. She said she found it lying upside down (props down, legs up). Only one of the props was damaged. It was missing about 1/4 to maybe 1/2 inch of the tip. The camera had become dismounted but was easily re-attached. It flies perfectly.

All's well that ends well.

They are tough as I have bounced my first one a bunch and just put the camera back on and new props and off she would go again !
Always would check it good in assistant of course but these are tought birds !!
Glad ya came away from that well :)
Is surprising to me how it got back up though !
Ya lucky as if it had not and fell from that high it would not been to good !! :eek:

I was very lucky with this whole flight. I seem to be prone to crashes, as this weekend I put it into a tree about 70 feet off the ground! It got stuck in the tree at the very top. Had to send my boys up the tree and "engineered" an extension to reach that high. In the end, my Phantom tumbled through the tree and hit the ground (I missed the catch!). Camera needed to be reattached, but no broken props, no other significant damage. Scratches and bruises. Took her up again and she flew like a dream!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic