My best record in distance... So far...

Reaction score
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
New record for me. I still had perfectly good view the whole time. I am on the other side of the bridge on Baker Beach!!!

Yes, I understand that my height is too high. I know all of you dont care but I am very professional when I fly and I don't act like an idiot, even though some of you might think that I'm being an idiot for being this high. I went up to take a picture and then brought it back down. End of rant

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-05-10-16-25-12.png
    Screenshot_2015-05-10-16-25-12.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 549
Last edited:
very nice

on a scale of 1 to 10
where is your anxiety level the whole time when you are that far out?
mine would be up there around 9 or 10, I think !!

Reactions: dysan911
Nice! but be warned the powers that be will start issuing tickets to drone operators flying around the GG bridge

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...sk-sen-feinstein-for-help-restricting-drones/

I would be attempting flights like this too, but last year in the summer, I got an unwelcomed visit by 2 agents from Santa Clara County Department of Homeland Security for flying over levi stadium. Just saying be careful, they are watching, scared the **** out of me.

I have flown over the Levi's stadium as well. Today was interesting because the Ranger came by me and he was inquiring about it. Didn't tell me that I couldn't do it but he was more interested in how it works. I am sure that he was supposed to tell me to bring it in and / or give me a fine

you lucked out...

Yeah, I've seen your Levi Stadium video, difference between your flight and mine. My *** flew from top of the parking garage. Didn't trust my Blade 350 qx would make it from the parking lot near Great America.live and learn ;)

Anyway, keep up the great work! cheers

Reactions: Jeffin916
I have flown over the Levi's stadium as well. Today was interesting because the Ranger came by me and he was inquiring about it. Didn't tell me that I couldn't do it but he was more interested in how it works. I am sure that he was supposed to tell me to bring it in and / or give me a fine
Jeff, nice shot. I was watching a segment on the news where the boss ranger was interviewed and she stated that you could fly around the GG as long as your were not flying along the roadbed or hovering over traffic toll areas. She says they have many drones around the bridge with no issues yet. I plan on getting some shots when I go to Stenson Beach. But **** Man, almost 800' crazy.

I went back to that recorded interview and she said 'As long as you remain over the water' they have no issue with taking photo's of the bridge.

Reactions: Jeffin916 and Bigdz
hey ma
17480015396_75ba2626c2_h.jpg

New record for me. I still had perfectly good view the whole time. I am on the other side of the bridge on Baker Beach!!!

Yes, I understand that my height is too high. I know all of you dont care but I am very professional when I fly and I don't act like an idiot, even though some of you might think that I'm being an idiot for being this high. I went up to take a picture and then brought it back down. End of rant

me and my buddy have p3s we fly all over we should get together. I flew levis last week with my vision plus,

Reactions: Jeffin916
I did some reading and now I'm confused. I know drones are now banned in all National Parks. Does that also apply to National Recreation Areas? Reason I ask is because the National Park Service over sees them but they are not a National Park.

I'd love to know. I'd love to fly at Crissy Field.

hey ma

me and my buddy have p3s we fly all over we should get together. I flew levis last week with my vision plus,
Crazy how I got popped but people are still flying around and above it- makes me want to go back but this time with a real bird---NOT ;)

Looks like flying anywhere in SF is illegal. This is insane.

"City & County of SF Municipal SEC. 3.09. AIRPLANES, HELICOPTERS, HOT AIR BALLOONS, ETC. PROHIBITED.
No person shall launch nor land any airplane, helicopter, parachute, hang glider, hot air balloon, nor any other machine or apparatus of aviation in any park, nor shall any person bring into any park any balloon with a diameter of more than six feet or a gas capacity of more than 115 cubic feet, without permission of the Recreation and Park Department. This Section shall not be applicable to a helicopter being used to transport persons or supplies because of an emergency situation.

(Added by Ord. 603-81, App. 12/18/81)"
http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway....m$3.0$vid=amlegal:sanfrancisco_ca$anc=JD_3.09

"City & County of SF Municipal SEC. 3.09. AIRPLANES, HELICOPTERS, HOT AIR BALLOONS, ETC. PROHIBITED.
No person shall launch nor land any airplane, helicopter, parachute, hang glider, hot air balloon, nor any other machine or apparatus of aviation in any park, nor shall any person bring into any park any balloon with a diameter of more than six feet or a gas capacity of more than 115 cubic feet, without permission of the Recreation and Park Department. This Section shall not be applicable to a helicopter being used to transport persons or supplies because of an emergency situation.

http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway....m$3.0$vid=amlegal:sanfrancisco_ca$anc=JD_3.09
then there was a ton of people breaking the law. When I was there today, there was people in hang gliders, motorized propeller hang gliders all over the place. they were along Balboa Park and the Great Highway. I'm going to have to dig deeper to find out what the exact laws are that are currently in place

http://www.amlegal.com/nxt/gateway.dll/California/park/article3regulations?f=templates$fn=default.htm$3.0$vid=amlegal:sanfrancisco_ca$anc=JD_3.09

Key words here are launch or land ! You may fly over if not fling from there land. Had this discusion with the head of the army corp of engineers when flying over one of our damns He quoted the national park rules and told me same thing. Just take off somewhere else
upload_2015-5-10_21-18-21.png

Reactions: tcope and dirkclod

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.