My advice to new owners

No offense fellas, but this is a forum for discussing issues, not for use as a messaging app.
Try texting or calling maybe?

This is like being included in a stinkin' group text![emoji36]

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Update folks!

Called Maplin for update on inspection, lady said engineers looked at it today and test flew it. Reported no errors or faults . . . .
I'm stumped now, I asked what if it comes back to me doing the same thing in which she told me to speak to the tech team and it may have to come back for inspection again.

I think if this happens I shall be speaking to trading standards again and demand a refund and reject the drone under the sales of goods act . . Definitely do not want to be messing around sending it back again only for them to say the same thing.

I should have it back no later than next Tuesday maybe even this Friday so I will keep you up to date with what happens.

I suspect a Maplin test is nothing more than a hover in the car park.

My advice would be to get it back, confirm the problem still exists and pursue it via DJI.

I think I will do screen recordings of my flights and if it happens I have video proof.
I'm hoping that maybe the problem has somehow been fixed, if it's still giving me errors I will be asking Maplin why these didn't happen in their tests

Further to my last, Ive requested maplin to do another test and sent them two flight logs that show the compass error happening.

Probably won't see my drone or replacement till late next week at this point

Update . .
Got my drone back today, unable to fly till morning weather permitting. So if my errors return I shall be rejecting the drone for a full refund and have been told by maplin It won't need to be returned for another inspection. I think they are going to offer me an exchange first but I'd rather have a refund. I would like to point out the rather rude sales assistant who gave me my drone back today or just stood there and read me the maplin drones policy like I hadn't been told them before. He then told me the wrong information saying even if my drone continued to show compass errors it would have to still go back for another inspection . . .yeah mate sure it will!!@

Unless they offer me an advance for same price haha

Seriously this has been one of my worse purchases thanks to long wait of inspection and the uncertainty of whether my drone will actually be ok tomorrow. Its a shame as the standard is so much better than my Parrot Bebop even if I've had these compass errors and nearly lost my drone 3 times : /

Anyway I will update further tomorrow . . .

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj