My 2nd flyway with 1st flight of phantom 2 v2.0 WTF?

Jeffro said:
Ding ding ding we have some winners!!!

Thanks everyone so much for all your input!!

Jason and Buckeye you were right the controls were in reverse.-reason- my fault when I was messing with the gimbal that wasn't working reverse made it work much better. I never took it back out.

Mr.C. it was in MODE 1 and not MODE 2.

And Mako shooting 100% with both correct answers, wrong mode and controls reversed. Took it out and it flies like a champ.

I guess the flyoff was the left controller sticking down as these new V2.0 controllers are made to do. Since it was reveresed it was wide open? Wonder why it started up fine though?? Weird. I never put the sticks to the top to start the motors. They started just fine in the normal positions.

Anyway it's flying!! (It doesn't have my confidence though!!LOL) Thank you guys so much!! I'll start nursing it back into health.

Jeffro from Illinois!!

Now the topic should be changed to PILOT ERROR instead of my 2nd flyaway ;)

OUCH Jason your brutally direct!! LOL

In a nice way I would like to split hairs with you though.

I take full responsibility for not having a firm grasp of the software. I guarantee on a commercial plane the pilot cannot make such changes to his craft in the cockpit that would allow such a plethora of disasters.
I would venture to speculate that the aircraft tech in the hanger cannot flip a switch to make all the controls backwards and reversed!!

So blaming the pilot for attempting to make the aircraft respond correctly and have it wildly take off while trying to shut it down I feel is not fair.
Blaming the mechanic for making all the controls backwards when he was merely trying to set it up for flight. Yes I’m guilty as charged. Will I learn from this!

Many of you guys are used to hay stack of very important details. Some may forget that it’s very confusing to a newbie. I truly appreciate all of the patience that most of you have shown including you Jason. Anyone can contact me on facebook and see that I have many talents, and I’m a 40 year homeowner (yes owned a home for 40 years, I’m an old guy) who has never called a professional person into his house to fix a single thing. Air-conditioning, heating, plumbing, etc..engine builder, professional truck racer, fish, river navigator, marksman, martial arts, chef…..the list goes on.

I’m not tooting my own horn at all, I’m simply attempting to demonstrate that right now I’m on the bottom end of the food chain in this particular area and I can prove it!! LOL

Thank everyone for their help. I very much appreciate it!
Jeff McCue Wataga, IL.

Jeffro said:

I take full responsibility for not having a firm grasp of the software. I guarantee on a commercial plane the pilot cannot make such changes to his craft in the cockpit that would allow such a plethora of disasters.
I would venture to speculate that the aircraft tech in the hanger cannot flip a switch to make all the controls backwards and reversed!!

So blaming the pilot for attempting to make the aircraft respond correctly and have it wildly take off while trying to shut it down I feel is not fair.
Blaming the mechanic for making all the controls backwards when he was merely trying to set it up for flight. Yes I’m guilty as charged. Will I learn from this!

Many of you guys are used to hay stack of very important details. Some may forget that it’s very confusing to a newbie. I truly appreciate all of the patience that most of you have shown including you Jason. Anyone can contact me on facebook and see that I have many talents, and I’m a 40 year homeowner (yes owned a home for 40 years, I’m an old guy) who has never called a professional person into his house to fix a single thing. Air-conditioning, heating, plumbing, etc..engine builder, professional truck racer, fish, river navigator, marksman, martial arts, chef…..the list goes on.

I’m not tooting my own horn at all, I’m simply attempting to demonstrate that right now I’m on the bottom end of the food chain in this particular area and I can prove it!! LOL

Jeff McCue Wataga, IL.

Why beat around the bush the true can be brutal. :eek: At least you admitted your mistakes many don't. In my eyes your still a kid even at forty and I use to do all the repairs now after 53 years I just sit back and let the wife pay half. :lol:

jason said:
Jeffro said:

Jeff McCue Wataga, IL.

Why beat around the bush the true can be brutal. :eek: At least you admitted your mistakes many don't. In my eyes your still a kid even at forty and I use to do all the repairs now after 53 years I just sit back and let the wife pay half. :lol:

He didn't say he was 40 - he said he's owned the house for 40 years :)

I will say - at times I think people take too much glee in punching a guy when he's down. Dude came in here asking for advice - showed a video of what was going on... gave us more info as we asked for it... figured out what was wrong - fixed it... said thank you to the people who helped... and then what? Let's take one more shot so he REALLY gets it that it was his mistake?

WHY? Aside from feeling superior for 30 seconds... what does that accomplish?

There's plenty of people who will come in here and argue with you when you try to help... save the righteous indignation for them.

Miss read it. As the kids would say OH WELL. :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik