multiple phantoms at the same time

Reaction score
Is it possible for my friend and I to fly our phantoms at the same time in the same location? I get the feeling that the transmitter signals would interfere with each other even though the transmitters are paired to separate phantoms. It makes me nervous.

I've only seen one video on youtube where there are two phantoms flying at the same time and they seem to be doing just fine until one of them crashes. It looks as though it was just low on batteries though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znATkv1ICvs

Has anybody else attempted multiple phantoms?

Not phantoms but I've seen half dozen copters at once with about 4 cars in a local RC park . Needless to say I kept my copter in the truck and just watched the craziness . No crashes from interfearance but a couple in flight crashes all and all it was pretty interesting .

RE: http://www.helipal.com/dji-phantom-gps-drone-rtf.html

2.4GHz New Generation Radio System
2.4GHz is the standard of new generation radio system. It offers longer transmission distance, less interference, more stable radio transmission and less legal issue. For traditional radio frequency, helicopters in same frequency cannot fly together because of interference. With 2.4GHz radio system, many helicopters can fly at the same time without interference.

I heard several hundreds or so but only saw about 100 at the same time.

I have flown both of my Phantoms in the same place and time on several occasions with no problems at all.
I have sent one up to hover and flown circles around it every which way with the other without so much as a wobble out of place from either of them.
I stopped in at the local model aero club to make sure they were ok with me flying in the area not far from their strip and the only thing they asked was,what frequency does your radio work on? When I told them 2.4Ghz they said that's fine,that's what they all use and there would be a million to one chance of interference.
Also they fly all kinds of things including helli's,jets and very large replica millitary transports that are worth heaps,so if there was a slim chance of interference they would not be flying two craft at a time in the same place and would not be so happy to have me flying nearby.

Wow! Thanks everyone for your input! This is getting me excited!

So why does the Wifi for the GoPro interfere with the transmitter signal? It also operates on 2.4 GHz...

waveown said:
So why does the Wifi for the GoPro interfere with the transmitter signal? It also operates on 2.4 GHz...

Yes it does! Turn off the GoPro wifi when it's mounted in a Phantom2.

The reason the P2 Vision uses 5.8Ghz for control is so it can use wifi on 2.4Ghz to send video to the phone app.

waveown said:
Wow! Thanks everyone for your input! This is getting me excited!

Because it is so close to the Phantom's antenna, the camera's signal would block the signal from the controller.

-- Roger

what about flying a vison and a phantom v 1.1.1??

Would the video signal from the vision interfere with the phantom v1 controls??

Prehn said:
http://youtu.be/aZGcyuezMik

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
An excellent explanation of how it all works.
I've been thinking all day of how to give a simple explanation of how the signals work without adding technical information that would just confuse the issue and that video does it brilliantly.I can rest my brain now. :lol:

Prehn said:
http://youtu.be/aZGcyuezMik

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's a great video showing how multiple devices can work at the same time in the same band range.

BUT if you want some real-world confirmation, another PhantomPilots boardie and I both flew our P2V's simultaneously standing 3-4 feet apart with no problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik