Multiple batteries for phantom 4 pro v2 mod ?

Reaction score
Is there any way to increase the flight time by somehow connecting 2+ batteries to the drone ? Any tutorials or video guides ? Anyone do this ?
thanks

Only if you want it to be on tethered cord like this or you have to invent a battery pack....this set up costs thousands,only trouble in my opinion for long flight times is the internal heat,things get very warm with normal flights,,also add your limited by the battery box compartment on the drone ...good question though
Screenshot_20200710-094324_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200710-094522_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20200710-094424_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: MTO
Only if you want it to be on tethered cord like this or you have to invent a battery pack....this set up costs thousands,only trouble in my opinion for long flight times is the internal heat,things get very warm with normal flights,,also add your limited by the battery box compartment on the drone ...good question though View attachment 119385View attachment 119386View attachment 119387
Looking for a mobile option. No point being tethered by a cord.

Looking for a mobile option. No point being tethered by a cord.
Yip realize that but there ain't one,,you will have to design it,I'm sure now the 30 min fly time for p4p is max they have made for the phantom.....only way to get round this is buying a upmarket matrice drone with longer flight time and that's not cheap...ps...I dont like extension cords either

Last edited by a moderator:
To fly longer then 30 min without landing ? Maybe 45-60 min ?
Well we all would like this to but it ain't going to happen with a phantom,,the internal heat will pose a big problem with super long flight,,how hot does your batt get on normal flight,,well double that and some components will not that,,,your ideas good one but not a new one,,you need to weigh up the pros and cons,;)....hey this is why they made this tethered system cause ,,where you going to mount second battery,how do you run them so its continuous drain from battery 1 first,,I know you can divert power to run something but adding power takes a scientific Approach,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Even if you could double the battery the weight will become aditional problem. This will make the flying time much shorter than 2 x 30min.
And even then the additional weight must be tested to see how the Phantom will handle it. Too much problems!

As Andy9 said adding batteries isn't going to double the flight time (or anywhere near). It is a law of diminishing returns because more battery equals more weight which requires more thrust which takes more battery power...
Basically the answer is we need a whole new battery technology which can store more capacity in a lighter weight package than Lithium Ion. Don't hold your breath...
Best answer I have now is use the P4P high capacity battery and perfect smooth flying at moderate speeds and avoiding hovering to maximise the flight time. Reducing the rate control will help with the smooth flying.
All the best, Martin

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan