MP4 File Not Running ????

Reaction score
Hi all
Not sure if i have posted this on the write place but here goes.............

I deleted my Gopro videos by accident so i payed of a program to recovery them and it looks like i have as the file sizes are 1+ 2 GB so it looks like its got content... But the problem i have it

Windows media player just says it cant play this file.....
Even tho its a MP4 file?

Do this mean it needs a new codec ???

Hi all

I deleted my Gopro videos by accident so i payed of a program to recovery them and it looks like i have as the file sizes are 1+ 2 GB so it looks like its got content... But the problem i have it

Even tho its a MP4 file?

Maybe try VLC player. It plays just about anything and it's free.
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Hi all

Even tho its a MP4 file?

Very few recovery programs will work with SD GoPro memory chips. This is because the GoPro records data in fragments, and interleaves low and high resolution files. Some recovery programs show valid files sizes etc, but the videos will not work - as you found out. The codec is not the issue.

www.recovergopro.com is specifically and only for GoPro memory cards and has a free demo that will show thumbnails of videos that can be recovered. If you still have the card (or image), give it a try.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj