Mp or p4p

I live in Turkey (Europe). Wow, I have never heard this before. Thanks for the clarification.
Yes, all the Auto 5.8Ghz for P4P range recommendations were predicated upon FCC in the United States. Try 2.4Ghz on your P4P, for a fairer comparison to the Mavic Pro on CE power limits.

Reactions: OOO
Hi John, I have both MP and P4P. I love both. My workhorse drone is P4P. Most of the time I don't use OA/VPS and I turn them off. I'm very happy with my P4P, mainly because of video quality, which is way better than that of my MP. But, when it comes to the range, my MP is always the winner (I always use 5.8 GHz with P4P). Maybe it's just me. Do you have an explanation for that? Thanks.
Make sure you have wifi turned off on your iPad/Android tablet, as well as the phone in your pocket. Put a windsurfer on.

In the US we get 4 to 5mile range with P4P with a windsurfer, even in suburban areas. However, if you're in Turkey with CE compliance, it's possible that Ocu-Sync of the Mavic might work better. In the US the P4P is limited only by battery for range IMO. It's a beast.

By the way, there is now a windsurfer for the Mavic.

upload_2017-12-14_16-48-56.png

Use one of these for your Phantom4p.

upload_2017-12-14_16-45-15.png

Last edited:
Make sure you have wifi turned off on your iPad/Android tablet, as well as the phone in your pocket. Put a windsurfer on.

In the US we get 4 to 5mile range with P4P with a windsurfer, even in suburban areas. However, if you're in Turkey with CE compliance, it's possible that Ocu-Sync of the Mavic might work better. In the US the P4P is limited only by battery for range IMO. It's a beast.

By the way, there is now a windsurfer for the Mavic.

View attachment 92222

Use one of these for your Phantom4p.

View attachment 92221

What a beautiful and satisfying explanation as always. Thanks John!

Mine wasn't good enough? ;)

GadgetGuy thank you very much for your answer. That was also very satisfying. English is my second language and sometimes I can’t find an appropriate word to describe my feelings. Please forgive me if I'm misunderstood.

Last edited:
GadgetGuy thank you very much for your answer. That was also very satisfying. English is my second language and sometimes I can’t find an appropriate word to describe my feeling. Please forgive me if I'm misunderstood.
I was just teasing. All good! :cool:
I should know not to speak for John. ;)

"Someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.”

So can anyone else confirm or deny the Mavic becomes unstable below 10% battery? I'm curious because I've never got my Mavic that low, but always assumed it would act similar to Phantoms, in that, if you were unfortunate to be caught in a sudden wind and get below 10% battery, that you still had some last minute options. If that's not the case, then that's essential to know.

Reactions: snickell
So can anyone else confirm or deny the Mavic becomes unstable below 10% battery? I'm curious because I've never got my Mavic that low, but always assumed it would act similar to Phantoms, in that, if you were unfortunate to be caught in a sudden wind and get below 10% battery, that you still had some last minute options. If that's not the case, then that's essential to know.
I manually landed mine under control when the battery wouldn't make it back. I suspect the report is due to pilot inexperience. Autoland descension can always be overridden with forward left stick, while controlling the aircraft with the right stick, until you can safely handcatch or land safely, before any battery cell drops below 3.0V.

If there's a Mavic distance thread in the Mavic forum, you might peruse it for confirmation. From what I hear, it's a known issue with Mavic pilots who push the envelope...

A real airplane does the same thing if you do not have enough gas in the tank. That's the nice thing about boats, they don't normally sink if you run out of gas. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
src72