movie editors best

Gizmo3000 said:
sergekouper said:
Premiere has a better stabiliser than FCPX, and premiere love native H264 mp4. (this is what is on your SD card.)

Premiere definitely has a better stabilizer.

FCPX can open up h.264 movies as well,
But keep in mind that footage from GoPro's, DSLR's and others are not ideal for editing, and work better when transcoded.

Premiere edits h264 mp4 natively, FCPX has to transcode it first. H264 mp4 is quite resource demanding and need a powerful machine to be edited with ease. FCPX is only for mac users.

I use a Mac and started years ago with iMovie (which was excellent for someone new to movie editing).

I purchased Final Cut Pro X and have been editing on that for a couple of years now.

In my experience Final Cut Pro X will accept the native H.264 files out of the Phantom, iPhone and Nikon DSLR. I start editing immediately and I do not optimise/transcode my source material.

FCP X will give you the option of transcoding to ProRes 422, but on my 2012 MacBook Pro I don't see a need for it for the small projects I'm working on. My workflow is reasonably snappy.

HunterSK said:
I use a Mac and started years ago with iMovie (which was excellent for someone new to movie editing).

I purchased Final Cut Pro X and have been editing on that for a couple of years now.

In my experience Final Cut Pro X will accept the native H.264 files out of the Phantom, iPhone and Nikon DSLR. I start editing immediately and I do not optimise/transcode my source material.

FCP X will give you the option of transcoding to ProRes 422, but on my 2012 MacBook Pro I don't see a need for it for the small projects I'm working on. My workflow is reasonably snappy.

I have been using Mac and Final Cut for over 5 years and the past 4 years professionally for our hunting television show series and it works flawlessly. Its all in what you start with I think and the more keyboard time you get. During edit time in the spring I will spend on average of 40 hours or so per week in it and have learned just about everything it has. I use Motion and Live Type as well and its all seamless. Just pick one based on several reviews and spend the time to learn it and don't be afraid to experiment with your creations. Don't let the manuals freak you out just use them to gain basic knowledge and then get in the software and use it. You will get better every time you edit.

Very few professional editors use FCPx. The majority of pros are on Avid. FCPX, is a soupd up version of imovie. The most featured NLE is Premiere. Most pros who were on FCP7 ( an amazing but out of date ap) have switched to Premiere. I say this from my experience. I own a production company and we have 4 edit stations.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl