Motors turning wrong way after replacing with T-motor?

Scalpel78 said:
Does the term "slow flyer" mean anything special? Has anyone tried wooden props?

it's a little confusing, but I think the term slow flyer comes more from the airplane world (as many props actually work on planes as well). They're not meant to spin up insanely high and are more ideal for slow flying.
All I know tho, is that they work pretty well for me

here's additional info
http://www.apcprop.com/v/html/rpm_limits.html

Scalpel78 said:
@martcerv, I used these - http://www.foxtechfpv.com/1038-cf-prope ... -1067.html
The quality actually seemed quite poor. The paintlayer was flaking off even before I put them on the quad.

I'm a bit afraid the stock props are too flexible for the new t-motors. I notice that if I give it full throttle the quad shakes pretty bad, and I worry the props might snap if I rev them too brutally.

Can anyone recommend good props for the T-Motor 2214 kv920? I neeed some who fit together with the prop guards.

Are you sure those are the props you linked, they are 1038 which makes them 10 inch props and I didnt think 10 inch props would work on a phantom. I thought 9 would be as large as you could go because these would have to be just about hitting eachother, even if they cleared being so close would cause lots of turbulance between props making flying very unstable at best. Also looking at the pic the center hole looks so far from round Id be worried about the quality if thats their finishing standard and a photo they use to sell the product.

My t motors mt 2216 works fine with stock props or 8045 carbon props but all my props are well balanced using the dubro balancer. I haven't tried 9 inch props but have wrecked my first set of carbon props as they dont like contact with trees all that much. I have ordered some more carbon and some 5mm 8045 props as my motors have a round 5mm prop shaft unlike the dj8 stock or the tmotors you have.

Make sure your motors are all screwed in properly as they shouldn't be vibrating too much, I didnt do an actual balance of my motors but they were better then the stock motors they replaced and my footage has been pretty much jello free since using them with balanced props.

I got mine from helipal too, mine are the ones with the 5mm shaft as my motors just have a standard round 5mm shaft not the DJI style. These were pretty good and after balancing were very smooth, I did buy 6 and have wrecked 3 so need to top up my stock. I did fly a bit with the stock black props and got a bit more vibration but it was windy and was pretty much all full throttle racing around some trees. Same thing broke all my other carbon props and these are quite light so not real strong in a crash and can easily crack. I think they give more lift and speed then the stock props after having a go again with the original DJI ones but I will do a proper comparison once I get some more.

Those cheaper ones do look very much the same, they may be but they could also be lower quality and if they aren't too well put together they will be pretty poor for video use. Id love to see how you go with the cheaper ones as I may get a few more if they are the same at that price and not get too upset when I wreck some more.

"Those cheaper ones do look very much the same, they may be but they could also be lower quality and if they aren't too well put together they will be pretty poor for video use. Id love to see how you go with the cheaper ones as I may get a few more if they are the same at that price and not get too upset when I wreck some more."

No worries, i'll let you know how they go, will take a couple of weeks to arrive.

I was lucky, I got 2 full sets of props with my phantom. The first set have looked better, still work like a champ though.

I have started getting into a little bit more adventurous FPV flying which is great fun but better with plastic props then these 8045 carbons. Plastic survives brushing branches and such much better as it bends then mostly bends back, carbon holds its shape and just breaks rather then bends and I have yet to break a plastic prop but have destroyed 2 carbons and 1 with a small crack that cant be flow again. I have ordered a few more carbon props and will use those just for the more safe aerial video flying and the getting crazier every flight FPV will be left with plastics.

I have ordered a few different types of plastics even some triple props, they may not work but I think its worth a try. All should be decent quality here are the few props I am trying other then the carbon props.

http://www.multiwiicopter.com/products/sku-27
http://www.multiwiicopter.com/products/ ... -of-4-8040

And these which look quite similar to the stock DJI props but with a 5mm shaft so will fit my motors without the need for reaming and spacers.
http://www.multiwiicopter.com/products/ ... ulticopter

The Carbons I have liked were the ones from Helipal with 5mm shafts, these worked real well with the mt-2216 motors on my Phantom but dont like impacts with solid objects too much. They look the same as the ones for DJI phantom just with a different prop hole.

http://www.helipal.com/8045-carbon-prop ... d-ccw.html

It was one of the main reason I got the mt2216 over the 2214 as they come with a standard 5mm shaft making it much easier to try a few different props.

Well I just got my new T-Motors in the mail. I'll be installing them tonight. I hope all the hype is legit and I'll get much better performance from these than stock. Any suggestions, please throw them my way.

I already know the wires aren't color coded...........that is shocking. What else?

Which motors did you end up going with? With the ones I have mt-2216 you need to make sure the prop adapter is on securely and best to use some loctite in the 3 little screws that fix this to the motor. The guys I got them from said they are likely to shake themselves loose. With the 2214 anti gravity version I don't know if it comes in one piece already assembled with motor and prop shaft so this wouldn't be an issue. I wouldn't use any loctite on the prop nut and especially not if using a plastic prop, whicever motor you get I think using nylock nuts is the best method.

As I said main reason I got the 2216 is the round shaft so I can easier try different props and my initial tests with 9050 triblades has been promising. Got 2 minutes more flight time up to 12 minutes without camera on stock battery but with my camera mount and fpv cabling inside so a little heavier then stock. With DJI props and the 8045 carbons I get about 10 minutes without a camera and stability with the 9 inch triblades seems pretty good too. All my tests have just been at nite so far but I will try out all my props on the next nice day with cam and full fpv setup.

Martcerv

Cheap carbon fibre props are not balanced (only minor balancing needed) but very good once balanced. I have the tmotor 2214's the motor's are a direct fit for any phantom props. I will install them soon (no problems with the stock at the moment).
I will have to order a set of those 9in triblades. The fast video you did with the triblades was pretty cool. Looks like you get heaps more speed.

I have seen lots of props listed as balanced but I would always check them first before use anyway, I got some that had signs of balancing, they were close but not perfect. I found the carbon props quite nice and were pretty stiff just finding the triblades extra lift very handy. The 8040 triblade props were fairly unstable and so I haven't flown them much at all pretty much stuck with the 9050 Triblades and pushing them more each flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20