Motors not starting on my P3A

Reaction score
I went for a short flight this morning and when landing in a paved parking lot the bird tipped backwards and two rotors jammed. I hit the power off but had to do that twice before the motors stopped. I set the P3A upright and fired up the motors.Three started .I powered down again and checked for free play in all the motors. Everything felt fine but when I tried to power up again nothing worked. I wouldn't think it would be an overheating issue since I've had the same problem before on landings with another P3A and and a P2. I'm using the Litchi app and camera works fine. It just that the motors won't start up. Any ideas? I really would like to have the drone working for an event on the first weekend of November.

Oso

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Are you getting ESC errors?

Reactions: JoBe
Reaction score
What @Oso is asking for is:
When the Flight Controller refuses to start motors, it sends back error code to the Mobile App, and the app shows corresponding message. You need to share that message.

I once even made a list of the codes and corresponding messages, but that didn't got much traction:

Reactions: JoBe

Oso

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Where would I see error codes? I have a feeling it might be a ESC problem but unlike my P2 that had separate ESC boards the P3 ESC seems to be integrated into the main board.
Below is a snippet from the link @quaddamage gave you earlier in post 3. It notes that you can see the error in your log, in the app, and gives some suggestions for troubleshooting.

B48B534A-1AA9-475C-B44F-EB4B07BE1F6E.jpeg

Reactions: JoBe and Capt KO
Reaction score
The go app may well show a pop up message concerning the esc error, I have a drone doing this and attached is a screen capture of the go app warning

Attachments

• ESC error.png
    ESC error.png
    436.6 KB · Views: 91

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flextcy