Motor???

I was wondering If Seneca could be filmed with a drone! Spent 20yrs driving from MI just to climb that rock.

Reactions: WV. Rootman
thanks, nice overview of a great place. I wouldn't even try without asking the rangers 1st

It wasn't this bad a month ago. LOL It's the fall curse. Every autumn something happens to keep me from getting good videos of fall colors.
The last time I saw anything like that was my fault...forgot to remove that plastic clamp that holds the camera stationary. I've forgotten to remove it a couple of times before taking off. Makes videos that look just like that.

I see a slight rocking in the video. Maybe the roll motor. I have had to replace a lot of those lately. Pretty cheap motor
The last time I saw anything like that was my fault...forgot to remove that plastic clamp that holds the camera stationary. I've forgotten to remove it a couple of times before taking off. Makes videos that look just like that.
I have taken some nice smooth video with this drone, well in my opinion. Lol Like the one above on Seneca Rock. I wish it was as simple as that. Well, I guess I need to start studying up on how to change the roll motor. Thanks everyone for your help. I was wanting a conformation on what I thought was the problem.
I have to fix a few cracks also from a crash a year ago that developed. I had forgotten I was in atti mode instead of GPS. It doesn't stop very well in that mode and I hit the lower branches of a popular tree. It looked fine at the time, but then things started to develop. I wanted to sell it to upgrade, but I don't think that is going to happen by the time I get done patching it up. Oh no. Lol Buying toys is so much easier with out a wife around. Lol. I had a friend that upgraded his dirt bikes by always buying one the same color. He said his wife never knew the difference. ?

Does it show shake when sitting on table recording,,just curious, I been following this,and no only my hands shake and not the drone lol

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Well, I didn't know it was going to take so long to get one. They are cheap from China, more expensive from the states. In the states they are out of stock, except for used ones and they cost a good bit more then new from China. I don't care to pay top dollar for a used one. I'll get it by mid Oct. from China.

"I still can take stills". Isn't the English funny. Yesterday, I ate a pair of pears while putting a pair of shoes on. Don't they make a nice pair. How can anyone speak this language? I'm off topic. It's my post though.

Reactions: SelfBiased
It can be. However the roll motor has the same hall sensors. The roll motor rarely gets damaged. Almost always the yaw

It can be. However the roll motor has the same hall sensors. The roll motor rarely gets damaged. Almost always the yaw
I thought it was the roll motor. I made to post to get a conformation on it. Getting advice from others is wise. In post 3 you said, maybe it was the roll motor, so I jumped on it. Lol These things can be hit and miss. I just glad it isn't an expensive job. The roll motor I ordered was supposed to arrive Wednesday. It came today. I'll put it in tonight. If it's the yaw motor, I found a great video on installing it. Lol.
It took a little investigation to find an American seller that could get me one before October. The Chinese sellers were cheap, but delivery wasn't until mid October. I wanted to capture the fall colors. I want to thank you and others on this forum, for your support and help. I feel we are a team.

It was the roll motor. Everything clear up, no shaking as in the video. Very easy to change out. I'm a happy camper.
I tried to post a video, but it kept coming out rendered on You Tube as just a red screen. I gave up after two tries. Life is so much harder, when you're dumb. LOL

Reactions: Droneted

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj