Motor/propeller/propeller mount and spring life expectancies

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a idea of how long how many hours the motors the propellers and the propeller mounts and springs should last before I Should replace them. Thank you

Motors, hundreds of hours- bearings are the wearing part(s) unless they are stalled under power then stress on coils may occur.

Props, same unless they hit something besides bugs.

Mounts and springs are more tied to mount/dismount cycles.

Last edited:
That's a very subjective question as there are many variables with taking care of your drone in general. I have nearly 40 hours and 800 klms on my original props (P4), and probably 60% of that is with the new spring loaded prop mounts. I check them every 10 flights to make sure they are tight and the props before and after every flight.

I live in Mexico but I’m receiving a visitor from the United States bringing parts. They’re bringing the propellers And Springs. I’m just wondering if I should order some motors while I’m at it

I flew my P3P over 2000km in span of almost 2 years. Only now i see that back left motor is little hotter that other 3. Honestly, i think these motors are built well, and that next generation models (of entire quad) come waaay more faster than parts on older one wears out.

I have 75 hours, 358 flights, and 1400km on my P4p. There is no sign of wear other than a lot of bug parts stained on it. And yes, the original props too. Don't sweat anything wearing out.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl