Motor problem

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to this forum so I hope someone out there can help.....I have a Phantom II that flew away on its second flight in January and lo and behold, a neighbor found it in a field a couple of days ago.......sat out the whole winter, but California is in a drought so maybe there is hope....

I updated the software, put in a new battery. It boots fine but one motor does the funky chicken. By that I mean, it wobbles back and forth like a shaker and occasional actually powers, but not reliably. The other three spool up and power ok. I bought another motor and installed it, does the same thing.

Is there anyone out there that can offer advice or a place to send it to? DJI tech support was nice, but declined to work the problem because it had been outside...

Thanks Rick

Swap the control leads from the output of the Naza to one of the other arms. That will tell you whether it's an ESC that's gone bad. If it has, just unsolder and replace the bad ESC.

RickTodd said:
Hello, I am new to this forum so I hope someone out there can help.....I have a Phantom II that flew away on its second flight in January and lo and behold, a neighbor found it in a field a couple of days ago.......sat out the whole winter, but California is in a drought so maybe there is hope....

I updated the software, put in a new battery. It boots fine but one motor does the funky chicken. By that I mean, it wobbles back and forth like a shaker and occasional actually powers, but not reliably. The other three spool up and power ok. I bought another motor and installed it, does the same thing.

Is there anyone out there that can offer advice or a place to send it to? DJI tech support was nice, but declined to work the problem because it had been outside...

Thanks Rick

Since you replaced motor - replace the ESC on that arm.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4