Motor damaged, how to replace? How to tell model #?

Reaction score
I put in the long screws and now my motor is choppy. Is it dead?
If I need a new one how do I tell which model to order?

The 2312's have 2 black prop studs and 2 silver ones. The 2212's just have a black and silver dot on the top of the studs.

The magnets in the motors make them feel what could be described as choppy. Does it feel different than the others? If the screw got into the windings and damaged them, I think it might be toast.

The 2312's have 2 black prop studs and 2 silver ones. The 2212's just have a black and silver dot on the top of the studs.

The magnets in the motors make them feel what could be described as choppy. Does it feel different than the others? If the screw got into the windings and damaged them, I think it might be toast.

thanks! it feels just slightly choppy when you turn it compared to the others. when I run it, it just sticks and stick while the others run fine.

My motor just has one dot on top of the stud - I was looking at this motor on amazon, but it doesn't say if it's a 2312 or 2212?
Genuine DJI Phantom 2 Vision Part #06 Motor (CW)
http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K451YMY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

any help is appreciated :)

Sounds like a 2212 if it just has the dot. This might help, the base is different too.
ESC Compatibility.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj