More FAA restrictions are likely on the way...

Thanks for your concern. My weaknesses is seeing someone suffer. I hate to see anyone suffer. Is there anything you can do to alleviate the health care workers pain? Lol.
Funny you should say. We've been experimenting with CBD gummies and CBD oil along with Melatonin at night (trying to avoid pharmaceuticals). While the melatonin seems to help mom sleep, the (very expensive) CBD gummies have been a complete and utter failure. In fact, we believe they're making things worse. So the CBD strategy has been scrapped. As much as I've been against pharmaceuticals, they may be the only choice. I justify the paradigm shift in my head by telling myself that mother brought it on herself. I get that the memory and cognitive issues are not her fault. But the nastiness is her through and through. That said....

Michelle (the proprietor) is very sweet, sensitive and smart. In her words, "We don't want zombies here. But we do want your mother to be comfortable and happy." I've known Michelle since she was a child (dated her mom and then her sister many moons ago - long story). So it's a funny juxtaposition that she's now taking care of my mom. Even funnier, her sister, Tammy (whom I used to date and works at Michelle's Care Home) is getting her butt kicked by my mom almost daily. Tammy already has some battle scars. Poetic justice??

I joked with Michelle; of the litany of crappy reality shows on the air today, her small Care Home would actually probably make for a very entertaining reality show. There would be a lot of bleeping for any scene with my poddy-mouth mother. Yes, mother has grown quite the poddy mouth, which the girls just laugh off. I have to hand it to them, they are very patient. Good times....

D

Last edited:
Funny you should say. We've been experimenting with CBD gummies and CBD oil along with Melatonin at night (trying to avoid pharmaceuticals). While the melatonin seems to help mom sleep, the (very expensive) CBD gummies have been a complete and utter failure. In fact, we believe they're making things worse. So the CBD strategy has been scrapped. As much as I've been against pharmaceuticals, they may be the only choice. I justify the paradigm shift in my head by telling myself that mother brought it on herself. I get that the memory and cognitive issues are not her fault. But the nastiness is her through and through. That said....

Michelle (the proprietor) is very sweet, sensitive and smart. In her words, "We don't want zombies here. But we do want your mother to be comfortable and happy." I've known Michelle since she was a child (dated her mom and then her sister many moons ago - long story). So it's a funny juxtaposition that she's now taking care of my mom. Even funnier, her sister, Tammy (whom I used to date and works at Michelle's Care Home) is getting her butt kicked by my mom almost daily. Tammy already has some battle scars. Poetic justice??

I joked with Michelle; of the litany of crappy reality shows on the air today, her small Care Home would actually probably make for a very entertaining reality show. There would be a lot of bleeping for any scene with my poddy-mouth mother. Yes, mother has grown quite the poddy mouth, which the girls just laugh off. I have to hand it to them, they are very patient. Good times....

D
Sorry to hear about your Mom. It is truly awful what memory issues can do to a person. The physical attacks and language as the mind slips can be totally out of character. One of my great aunts was a very kind and gentle person and as senility overtook her she could make a hardened sailor blush and would physically attack those caring for her at times.

@WV. Rootman hope your wife is feeling better now and over her illness.

Sorry to hear about your Mom. It is truly awful what memory issues can do to a person. The physical attacks and language as the mind slips can be totally out of character. One of my great aunts was a very kind and gentle person and as senility overtook her she could make a hardened sailor blush and would physically attack those caring for her at times.

@WV. Rootman hope your wife is feeling better now and over her illness.
I know this thread has gone off the rails. Thank you moderator for not killing it. I appreciate it very much.

D

I know this thread has gone off the rails. Thank you moderator for not killing it. I appreciate it very much.

D
Side tracked a bit. No problem.

It would be idiotic to make it harder on everyone else for the actions of one or a few. That would be like restricting the use of cars because one terrorist ran his SUV through a parade killing people. techzpod mobdro download

Last edited:
Reactions: Harleydude
It would be idiotic to make it harder on everyone else for the actions of one or a few. That would be like restricting the use of cars because one terrorist ran his SUV through a parade killing people.
What would be wrong with making it illegal to run a car through a parade? Most of us would not need that law to know what's right and what's wrong but we all know there are many people out there who really don't. Can you imagine what it would be like if there was no law telling drivers which side of the road they had to drive on? How about no law saying you had to stop at a red light and wait for a green to proceed? Do these laws make it harder on us drivers? No, of course not. At least as long as we obey the law.

Reactions: snowghost
What would be wrong with making it illegal to run a car through a parade? Most of us would not need that law to know what's right and what's wrong but we all know there are many people out there who really don't. Can you imagine what it would be like if there was no law telling drivers which side of the road they had to drive on? How about no law saying you had to stop at a red light and wait for a green to proceed? Do these laws make it harder on us drivers? No, of course not. At least as long as we obey the law.
I believe the whole point trying to surface here is making laws more restrictive for those that already follow them because of those that don’t is a never ending cycle of moronic lawmaking. Making things harder to accomplish for those that already follow them has no effect on those that are ignorant of the law or choose not to obey the law. Enforce the laws already on the books and reevaluate areas where safety can still be achieved with less restrictive rules.

I believe the whole point trying to surface here is making laws more restrictive for those that already follow them because of those that don’t is a never ending cycle of moronic lawmaking. Making things harder to accomplish for those that already follow them has no effect on those that are ignorant of the law or choose not to obey the law. Enforce the laws already on the books and reevaluate areas where safety can still be achieved with less restrictive rules.
I see your point but my question is how can creating a law prohibiting drone pilots from doing something that reasonable intelligent pilots don't do anyway? I would think that the FAA would prefer to have the ammunition to educate/punish those who act in a reckless and unsafe manner. If there was no law to back them up so they can act, then those who act recklessly could just thumb their noses at the powers that be. There wasn't a law against robbing banks until the first bank robbery. Most people wouldn't rob a bank and the new law created to make it illegal had no effect on those people. They went about their lives completely oblivious to the new law. I don't doubt that the new law did discourage many of those who were thinking robbing a bank. I also know that there were definitely many who were not discouraged. Evidence of that is that bank robberies didn't stop after the law was created. At least those who did and were caught were subject to the laws created to help prevent it.

Perhaps I am still not getting it. Can someone educate me and give me an example of a law that makes it tougher on responsible drone pilots because it exists.

Just my humble devil's advocate opinion.

What if someone runs their car not through a parade but through a crowd of demonstrators? Can they then plead not guilty because there is a law about parades but not demonstrations?

Bad example.

What if someone runs their car not through a parade but through a crowd of demonstrators? Can they then plead not guilty because there is a law about parades but not demonstrations?

Bad example.
I would think the lawmakers would write the law to include demonstrators, lineups of people waiting to buy a hamburger, lineups of people waiting to buy a pizza, etc etc etc. I think most would appreciate the fact that i condensed the example rather than list every possible situation. Good example in my opinion. (LOL).

I would think the lawmakers would write the law to include demonstrators, lineups of people waiting to buy a hamburger, lineups of people waiting to buy a pizza, etc etc etc. I think most would appreciate the fact that i condensed the example rather than list every possible situation. Good example in my opinion. (LOL).
Bowl of wrong. I think you should be smart enough to realize that the act is already covered under existing statutes (murder, assault, reckless endangerment, etc. jeez).

Bowl of wrong. I think you should be smart enough to realize that the act is already covered under existing statutes (murder, assault, reckless endangerment, etc. jeez).
I get the impression that you either missed the whole point or you are just looking for an argument. Go play somewhere else. I have no interest. Thanks.

All of my comments are related to your statement which I object to. Namely “What would be wrong with making it illegal to run a car through a parade?” You asked. I answered. If you don’t want people to respond to these questions then maybe you should stop posting them.

All of my comments are related to your statement which I object to. Namely “What would be wrong with making it illegal to run a car through a parade?” You asked. I answered. If you don’t want people to respond to these questions then maybe you should stop posting them.
And I don’t think I missed the point. The whole point is whether redundant regulations need to be layered upon those already covering the infractions. So, in that, I am totally on point.

Reactions: Meta4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.