more distance

How much more distance are you looking to get? You can either do some controller mods for a few hundred to 1000’ additional or you can modify the controler and the quad for miles of distance. The set up on my P3s gets more distance than I have battery life for.
The same thing happen to me ...i need to get back about the battery life ...ill mod my controller with DBS it ELITE v4 and I also sometimes hookup a T with dbs and Blue proton 5.8 for remote controller transmission I also have the mod 27dbi magic power v 5.3.
1530969320568.png
1530969345291.jpg
1530969351541.jpg

Open area like a Lake I get over 7000ft + (need to return about the battery not lose signal) and Urban 2300 - 3000ft depend conditions..
Here a few pics...
1530969289721.png

Reactions: G Tek Fab
Here’s a run I did from the desert house last year. Crappy launch. My goal is to reach the huge bolder mountains I’m heading at in the vid. I was turned around when I got an unpaved airstrip warning.
Lol, like always I fought the RTH but eventually lost. That run was just about 13,500 feet. As you can see there is zero interference up there accept the airstrip now.

Hey maybe check out my ranges now touching 3 miles (nearly ) no antenna or anything but that’s about the capacity of the battery well within safe margins I’d say
Couple of my flights strong signal all the way choose to return to home just taking small steps

Reactions: Rohanm
View attachment 101058
Solutions after that will require opening the controller. Next one I would reccomend would be either an ARGtek Blue Proton range extender kit ($60 Amazon). Or fabricating a 5.8ghz 10db flat panel antenna made by Alfa specifically an APA-M25 combined with 2 2.4ghz 7db flat panel Alfa antennas ($40 Amazon) these will get you up to around 1 mile more or less. While the most expensive option is the DBS mod. Most will tell you the DBS mod is capable of best range although they are difficult to aim at long distances. The Alfa mod will be more forgiving and achieve similar distances as the DBS mod.
Adding Sunhans boosters to an Alfa setup gets 5.845 km - plus good quality shielded cables inside the controller and outside are a must

Last edited:
View attachment 101058
Adding Sunhans boosters to an Alfa setup gets 5.845 km
Could you please specify the amplifier model numbers and possibly post a picture of your controller setup? I have been considering adding amplifiers recently and noticed a few amps on Amazon by that same manufacturer. The Alfa APA-M25 antennas are decent although I'm sure you are getting an immense increase in range with amplified output to Alfa APA-M25 panels. Looking forward to doing a similar mod. I did wonder what sort of power source could be utilized for both portability and energy capacity. Still contemplating just how to mount and configure the amplifiers as well as power source configuration for a handheld, portable remote controller fabrication.

This version of the sunhans booster is better, I have two 2.4’s for vid and a 5.8 for control. 3 watt plus smaller than the 2.5 watt. Cost more though.
SUNHANS SH-RC24G3W 3W 2.4GHz eSunRC Booster, 1-3 day shipping, US Distributor | eBay
G

This power supply is recommended and has worked excellent for me for 100’s of flights and keeps on working.
DC 12680 6800mAh DC 12V Super Lithium Polymer Battery Dual Out, 1-3 day shipping 8992620000220 | eBay

If you’re powering three boosters you’ll need a power supply splitter as well.
2 way DC splitter for CCTV power supply 1x female to 2x male 2.1 x 5.5mm 12V-24V 3701010105514 | eBay

Howsit. In the beginning of my droning career I also thought my P3S was broken. I would only be getting about 300 meters before I lost range. I then made a homemade parabolic receiver and that boosted my range to about 1000m. The parabolic is a nuisance though. It is large and also doesn’t look very nice. I experimented with different locations and still only managed to get around 300 meters without the receiver. I was recently in Botswana in Africa in remote area with very little to none signal interference and found that I was getting above 2000m with absolutely no problem and no mods. It all has to do with location

Location? Absolutely.

Imagine what you could get with some boosted mods.

Howsit. In the beginning of my droning career I also thought my P3S was broken. I would only be getting about 300 meters before I lost range. I then made a homemade parabolic receiver and that boosted my range to about 1000m. The parabolic is a nuisance though. It is large and also doesn’t look very nice. I experimented with different locations and still only managed to get around 300 meters without the receiver. I was recently in Botswana in Africa in remote area with very little to none signal interference and found that I was getting above 2000m with absolutely no problem and no mods. It all has to do with location

Indeed, great result - was the controller CE or FCC configured

Hey maybe check out my ranges now touching 3 miles (nearly ) no antenna or anything but that’s about the capacity of the battery well within safe margins I’d say
Couple of my flights strong signal all the way choose to return to home just taking small steps
What apps do u use???
What controller u got, ce or fcc????

Yes bing ! Magic power , standard antenna though I don’t think those argteks would give me much better signal , but I’ve flown it same area about 100 times now seems to like not to much alt but strong signal all the time so I’m happy realistically I think I could go maybe another 500 meters but the battery is the governor , plus I always allow for some left 10/15%( oh dji go app )

Yes bing ! Magic power , standard antenna though I don’t think those argteks would give me much better signal , but I’ve flown it same area about 100 times now seems to like not to much alt but strong signal all the time so I’m happy realistically I think I could go maybe another 500 meters but the battery is the governor , plus I always allow for some left 10/15%( oh dji go app )

Excellent result, even with Magic Power and a standard antenna, the maximum distance I could get was approximately 1.4 km at 80metres altitude over water

Excellent result, even with Magic Power and a standard antenna, the maximum distance I could get was approximately 1.4 km at 80metres altitude over water

Yes I was pleased started off at 300 meters and every day just keep pushing think I may go this afternoon wind is low just one more push I just want another 500 meters as hate stopping on an odd number !

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl