Modified/Split Operator Remote

riblit said:
The Taranis + Turnigy 9X combo... X8R

The X4R will work.

UGH!!!!

Thanks riblit!!!!!!!!! A lot. :( :? :x

:D The more I think about it, the more I love this solution, for all it brings to the table. :D

Thanks,
Rob

So, what is the second operator going to do? The H3-3D has no independent yaw or roll control (at least when running as normal off the P2 ribbon cable). So they will be able to tilt it and that's it.

Hi Ian,

ianwood said:
So, what is the second operator going to do? The H3-3D has no independent yaw or roll control (at least when running as normal off the P2 ribbon cable). So they will be able to tilt it and that's it.

Basically, we are planning this:

RobertMfromLI said:
Our goals are to allow:
Operator 1:
* Main flight controls (up, down, left right, forward, back)

Operator 2:
* Rotate (L/R on axis), gimbal control

The goal is of course more precise camera aiming while Operator 1 controls a flight path. I've seen this available on one of their high end pro setups (though, instead of copter rotate, it allows full camera pan and tilt).

RobertMfromLI said:

RobertMfromLI said:
Our goals are to allow:
Operator 1:

Operator 2:

The goal is of course more precise camera aiming while Operator 1 controls a flight path. I've seen this available on one of their high end pro setups (though, instead of copter rotate, it allows full camera pan and tilt).

Yes, that's how pro setups are mostly done but you may find the H3-3D only has one operator control which is tilt. It doesn't have an independent yaw control. Unless you are using something different.

ianwood said:
RobertMfromLI said:

RobertMfromLI said:
Our goals are to allow:
Operator 1:

Operator 2:

Yes, that's how pro setups are mostly done but you may find the H3-3D only has one operator control which is tilt. It doesn't have an independent yaw control. Unless you are using something different.

Hi again Ian,

Yes, we know... "Rotate (L/R on axis)" refers to the copter, not the gimbal. :D

RobertMfromLI said:
Hi again Ian,

So essentially the P2 would have to be in CL mode to keep the craft on coarse because Operator 1 does up, down, left, right, forward, and backward and then Operator 2 would control the yaw of the P2 (which would change the crafts coarse if not in CL) and gimbal tilt. I know you could mod something to get another controller to do the gimbal tilt, but not sure about the yaw as well.

Hi again Ian,

Hi! I kind of understand that it's been two years, but did you have any luck with this setup?) I am interested in making something like that, and this thread is almost everything i've managed to find on the matter) Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4