Model P330Z

Reaction score
I purchased a DJI drone off e--bay, it is new in the box, the model number on bottom of drone states P330Z and the controller states MDJ6. The seller stated it was a Phanton 2. Is this a plain Phanton 2 or is it a Vision. There is no camara but the wiring is hanging and taped to bottom of the unit. All help would be appreciated. What type of camara did this unit use

Thanks Bob

I purchased a DJI drone off e--bay, it is new in the box, the model number on bottom of drone states P330Z and the controller states MDJ6. The seller stated it was a Phanton 2. Is this a plain Phanton 2 or is it a Vision. There is no camara but the wiring is hanging and taped to bottom of the unit. All help would be appreciated. What type of camara did this unit use

Thanks Bob

Well, Bob, that is a bare bones Phantom 2 non-vision unit. There are two wire cables taped to the bottom an 8 pin cable is for DJI Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D gimbal and the multi color cable is for a 5.8 GHz video transmitter. In order to tell you which version P2 you have to take one of the props off with the black hub and if the shaft is completely black that is a version 2 and if there is only a black dot on the end of the shaft it's a version 1.

The P2 non-vision was designed around the hero 3/3+ and 4 cameras, of course, you use any of the aftermarket cameras but they lack the performance of the GoPro's. The same goes for gimbals and since the P2 is no longer in production finding replacement parts is becoming harder to find.

Well, Bob, that is a bare bones Phantom 2 non-vision unit. There are two wire cables taped to the bottom an 8 pin cable is for DJI Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D gimbal and the multi color cable is for a 5.8 GHz video transmitter. In order to tell you which version P2 you have to take one of the props off with the black hub and if the shaft is completely black that is a version 2 and if there is only a black dot on the end of the shaft it's a version 1.

The P2 non-vision was designed around the hero 3/3+ and 4 cameras, of course, you use any of the aftermarket cameras but they lack the performance of the GoPro's. The same goes for gimbals and since the P2 is no longer in production finding replacement parts is becoming harder to find.
The shafts are black

What am I looking at in cost to install camara, I am retired on a fixed income

If you are going to do it right then you'll need the following items: Gimbal (preferably Zenmuse H4-3D), 5.8GHz video transmitter, mini iOSD (telemetry), a monitor/receiver and a Hero 4 black camera. The camera you can find used on eBay for anywhere's between $250.00 - $350.00. If you live outside the US you may find some of this equipment hard to find.

Of course, you can use a GoPro mount stuck to the bottom of the P2 without all of the above equipment but the video will not be the greatest.

If you are going to do it right then you'll need the following items: Gimbal (preferably Zenmuse H4-3D), 5.8GHz video transmitter, mini iOSD (telemetry), a monitor/receiver and a Hero 4 black camera. The camera you can find used on eBay for anywhere's between $250.00 - $350.00. If you live outside the US you may find some of this equipment hard to find.

Of course, you can use a GoPro mount stuck to the bottom of the P2 without all of the above equipment but the video will not be the greatest.

Jason, this Bob again. Is there any particular model that you would suggest on the 5.8 GHz video transmitter

Thanks Bob

Jason, this Bob again. Is there any particular model that you would suggest on the 5.8 GHz video transmitter

Thanks Bob

Boscam and Immersion both make the 5.8GHz video TX in what ever milliwattage you what 25 - 600. Are you having a problem with the TX you have now?

Boscam and Immersion both make the 5.8GHz video TX in what ever milliwattage you what 25 - 600. Are you having a problem with the TX you have now?
No, I am putting a camera on my Phantom 2 and you had told me what to purchase and upon looking I found there were so many different one

Bob

No, I am putting a camera on my Phantom 2 and you had told me what to purchase and upon looking I found there were so many different one

Bob

Sorry, Bob but I've been busy editing some long exposure panoramic photos I took on Monday of downtown Detroit and it's been an all day process.

Where do you live?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl