Mod for phantom 3 standard

Reaction score
Any available. I only can go out 1200 feet.
Then return home.
I need some kind of single amp or booster for my remote.
Appreciate any help.
Thx

Then return home.
Appreciate any help.
Thx
I did the Blueproton antenna upgrade just a few days ago to my P3s and its first flight did 3800+ feet before trees got in the way. Pretty cheap upgrade around $50-$60 and its relatively simple. YouTube video tutorial walks you thru it.do a search for Argtek range extender phantom 3 and it'll come up.

Just add to this,,don't buy the cheapest set either or you get cheap result,have bit of a search cause what work for some doesn't always work for others in the range side of things,,I can only get just over 1km with my p3s with cheap argtec but it better than original which mine was terrible,,

Reactions: Shoot4fun
Then return home.
Appreciate any help.
Thx
The cheapest and best way to increase range on any DJI drone is to download and install the Litchi app. Litchi for DJI Mavic / Phantom / Inspire / Spark Google Play Android $23.99. App Store OS $22.99. You can fly as far as your battery will bring you home. This is a 4.7 mile Waypoint mission flight with a Phantom 3 Standard a couple of years ago. I set a waypoint too low and almost lost the bird.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Turn your Phantom 3 into a Phantom 4 - Litchi App

Last edited:
Reactions: dadsde1
The cheapest and best way to increase range on any DJI drone is to download and install the Litchi app. Litchi for DJI Mavic / Phantom / Inspire / Spark Google Play Android $23.99. App Store OS $22.99. You can fly as far as your battery will bring you home. This is a 4.7 mile Waypoint mission flight with a Phantom 3 Standard a couple of years ago. I set a waypoint too low and almost lost the bird.
Turn your Phantom 3 into a Phantom 4 - Litchi App

Comparing Apples and oranges...
Waypoints are one thing. Controlled flight out past 1200' is what the OP is looking for, I believe. Waypoint missions don't care about signal strength. That's all battery and very strategic planning. Set it, launch it, wait for your bird to come home. The Argtek is a good booster. Yes, there are better out there. Depends on the budget. For the cost, I can't argue with the results I've had with mine. Just my experience. Yours may vary.

And what ianzone said is true. Buy cheap, get cheap. Do your research, decide how you want to fly, then buy the best you can afford. Argtek is the only one I've tried. I've seen other pilots using other setups with good results. Argtek works for the way I fly nearly perfectly. Doesn't do crap about keeping my bird out of trees, but that's another issue all together... ?

The P3S I just acquired will most likely get the dbs setup. I like my ARGtek, and the range is very good but I want to try something different with this one. It gets a set of MAS props too, just so I can say I tried them. I know, I know! OEM props! I got it! (But I still want to see for myself, cuz I'm a hard headed bunghole, ok? ?)

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I'm using the Itelite DBS on my P3S. I can get 2,000 feet easily. I could push it further but too weak in the knees.
I hear that?I just pushed my standard to over 2000 . That’s a long way out. Not modified.
I am thinking about making a hood that fits over my head so I can see the phone screen.
Kinda bugs me.

I hear that?I just pushed my standard to over 2000 . That’s a long way out. Not modified.
I am thinking about making a hood that fits over my head so I can see the phone screen.
Kinda bugs me.
Same here. Regardless of claims, there is no phone or tablet that does very well in bright sunlight.

I tried goggles but I tend to want to look up once in a while so I invested in the Hoodman sunshade with the extension. Your face goes right in there and it's perfect for viewing the screen and situational awareness. Around $75 but worth it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.