Mobile Insanity...

9173160bfae4eff849ba7789c637d4a5.jpg
b92fa4461ba10503ad3b85174586f058.jpg
10cb1ef082d945b894078b622cad5ae8.jpg

Future RV/base station

@elarry... Thanks for posting man!
That's awesome!! Love the "no cable" set-up! What loss? Lol That bus will be killer when your all done.. now that's insane!

Reactions: elarryland
Nice setup!
But there are some improvements to made
Replace passenger seat with recliner
Set monitor higher maybe a bigger one
minibar in the middle console

Cheers![emoji3][emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]
I would but the wife is only 4'11"... If she lays the seat back an inch she can't see over the dash...lol

Is there an "English" version of all this?

Thanks

Bud:confused:

As far as 2.4ghz, these boosters are hard to beat for the money.. $50 (each) on eBay compared to the sunhans $74 (each). In the measurement pic, it's a TX measurement but the kicker for me is the 20dB RX it brings. RX is where it's at. Not kicking the sunhans at all.. they have their place in my set-ups. It's about finding the balance in the location your flying in.
I love the RF-Linx because of the AGC (automatic gain control) and the 20dB RX. The sunhans doesn't have AGC so output is solely based on the input received.. which can very well be the balance you need for your location. The RF-LINX takes an input and automatically adjust it's output to max performance without distorting the signal using built in filters to help filter out interferences. And that's why they just work great with these Omni antennas. But, I can pair the sunhans on the panel antennas and get a great performance in this location also. The difference.... Setting comfortably in a heated car and it 30 degrees outside.. and, it's a great sunshade. :)

Reactions: JohnnyB
Is there an "English" version of all this?
Thanks
Bud:confused:
:p

TX = transmit
RX = receive
dB = decibel (deci + Bel) (linky) Think of it here as units of effective power gain relative to the OEM equipment.
AGC helps a transmitter or receiver limit its transmit power or receive amplification respectively to manageable, useful levels.

I was asked recently to do some mapping in an area with thick 150 pine trees. You could only see a small "hole" vertically above the launch point. Given restricted VLOS, the project was turned down. The question with all of the above is where do VLOS considerations come in. If you are a US citizen, and strictly a recreational flyer, the FAA 107 rules, in my mind, should still be followed. There is so much you can do ... for recreational flying and recreational photography that is within the rules.

:p

TX = transmit
RX = receive
dB = decibel (deci + Bel) (linky) Think of it here as units of effective power gain relative to the OEM equipment.
AGC helps a transmitter or receiver limit its transmit power or receive amplification respectively to manageable, useful levels.

Thanks.. well said

Note that you are also frying your own eggs when flying with this gig. Not all power restrictions are to prevent long distance flights. There is also the issue of exposure to radiation. Unfortunately many people think that things you can't see, can't hurt you. You can/should read about it here: hps.org
Ehhhh, not so much.

First of all, the power restrictions in place on consumer equipment is primarily for preventing radio interference with other users on the same and/or nearby frequencies. Safety considerations in that range of power are secondary at best.

Second, as for personal safety, the mobile rig is using antennas mounted atop the vehicle, and most of the other rigs seem to be using those flat directional antennas which reflects most of the RF energy away from you. Directionality and the emission pattern (surprisingly low directly below a vertical antenna) is important, and is one of the reasons I laugh at folks who prevent cell transmitters from going up on top of their buildings, churches, whatever. What really happens is that neighbors to the transmitters wind up getting the big doses of RF energy. LOL.

Third, 2.4 GHz is well beyond the frequencies for humans' highest SAR, which is actually way down around FM radio frequencies. There are some other variables for age, race, BMI, etc. but I'm keeping this simple. Now, some of the slightly more well-informed here people might be inclined to jump in about microwave oven frequencies... But the reasoning behind the choice of oven operating frequencies is not what you might be inclined to think. Combination of regulatory matters (again, managing interference), the practicality of wavelength versus cavity size, etc.

Then there is the issue of proximity and the inverse square law of propagation, which is that the energy decreases four times with every doubling of distance. So for example, I'd tend to be more concerned about a cellphone pressed right against my head while in a fringe reception area, which causes the phone to increase its power by around five times, and which also winds up being ten to more than thirty times that of stock drone remote controllers. (bigger number for the CE folks)

Then there's the matter of ionizing versus non-ionizing radiation and what we do and do not know for certain about both. Ionizing radiation is what folks are discussing when the subject of scary radiation comes up. The stuff that we know is dangerous for certain. X-rays and radioactive elements are probably the most popular examples. RF (radio frequency) however is non-ionizing, or "heating" energy. After two decades of scientific research there's still no definitive proof that it does any harm at normal energy exposure levels that don't result in identifiable changes in molecular activity. The US EPA just this year started hedging, but we still don't have anything scientifically solid. Mind you, I wouldn't put my face in a cell site antenna right up-close, just because of the power levels and the sensitivity of human eyes.

In the grand scheme of things, I think you should all worry more about the radiation you get from that big orange ball in the sky, moreso during sunspot cycles and solar flares, along with whatever cosmic radiation that sneaks into our atmosphere.

Brad/W2ZZZ

Nailed it. It's not only trees, I live in a bowl shaped valley where I have hills on all 4 sides. I'm not about distance at all or trying to out-do the next person.. and the majority of my flying is low, slow and through the trees. Down the field where I live are power lines. Stock, that's as far as I could get and that's less than 1000'.. the lines would take me out. Now I go past them, all behind the barn and beyond with no cutouts at all. This video shows where 95% of my flying takes place... one place behind the barn, there's even some ground between the bird and me...

The biggest thing for me about this was the builds themselves and the learning process that came with it. That was as much fun for me as the flying afterwards. As a friend said, being able to fry bacon and eggs with your antennas from 30 meters while out in the field is pretty darn cool! Lol
Nailed it. It's not only trees, I live in a bowl shaped valley where I have hills on all 4 sides. I'm not about distance at all or trying to out-do the next person.. and the majority of my flying is low, slow and through the trees. Down the field where I live are power lines. Stock, that's as far as I could get and that's less than 1000'.. the lines would take me out. Now I go past them, all behind the barn and beyond with no cutouts at all. This video shows where 95% of my flying takes place... one place behind the barn, there's even some ground between the bird and me...

The biggest thing for me about this was the builds themselves and the learning process that came with it. That was as much fun for me as the flying afterwards. As a friend said, being able to fry bacon and eggs with your antennas from 30 meters while out in the field is pretty darn cool! Lol

And nice flying!

Through about a year's worth of me aggravating the crap out of people, and after many changes and tweaking, I figured I would close out 2017 sharing the final outcome of my favorite build of the year... The Mobile Station.

After building many different mounts and trying many different cables/boosters/remotes/batteries/etc..., this is the best the build has ever been performance wise and has been what I have stuck with. Ended up more simple than it started for sure. Over thinking I was good at. Absolutely love it and wouldn't have been able to do any of it without this forum so thanks to all the guys who take the time to share your creations!

Though shared scatterly in another thread, I figured I'd put the final pics all in one spot to share, and for my own records...

c097e0aa87a22b2d9c5ef01fa02a97de.jpg

817c518f748e6d9b3b13ab28f99b7d4c.jpg

5b98ad37231b8e76f102f9755692bbd8.jpg

c26bc7c9e574b7c8f37ba614ebd052f5.jpg

594c21030cd7c35f9707e02e6a06cec9.jpg

A list of the parts used is in this video description. My video skills obviously needs work but this is about the build...

Through about a year's worth of me aggravating the crap out of people, and after many changes and tweaking, I figured I would close out 2017 sharing the final outcome of my favorite build of the year... The Mobile Station.

After building many different mounts and trying many different cables/boosters/remotes/batteries/etc..., this is the best the build has ever been performance wise and has been what I have stuck with. Ended up more simple than it started for sure. Over thinking I was good at. Absolutely love it and wouldn't have been able to do any of it without this forum so thanks to all the guys who take the time to share your creations!

Though shared scatterly in another thread, I figured I'd put the final pics all in one spot to share, and for my own records...

A list of the parts used is in this video description. My video skills obviously needs work but this is about the build...

Would you share a equipment parts list?
Is that a Inspire Tx your using?

Would you share a equipment parts list?
Is that a Inspire Tx your using?

Phantom 4 Standard - Litchi / DJI Go / DJI Go4 (DJI.com)
GL658C (Inspire) Remote Controller (eBay)
2 - 2.4GHz L-com 8.5dBi Antennas (Lcom.com)
2 - L-com Injectors (Lcom.com)
2 - N Type Angle Adapters (Amazon)
2 - RF-Linx SAXU 1.5W Amplifiers w/AGC (automatic gain control) (eBay)
2 - 10’ LMR-400 N-Type Cables (between injectors and amps) (Amazon)
2 - 12” RG-400 Cables N-Type to RP-SMA (between injectors and remote controller) (Amazon)
2 - TalentCell Rechargeable 72W 132WH 12V/11000mAh 9V/14500mAh (Powers the Injectors) (Amazon)
Bestek 300 Watt Power Inverter 12V DC to AC (Powers the monitor/chargers) (Amazon)
Acer 23" Monitor (Best Buy)
iPad Mini 4 (Best Buy)
Nvadia Shield K1 (got in trade)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jeff and Brent10

You never showed me this footage... exellent stuff!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl