Mobile Insanity...

As far as 2.4ghz, these boosters are hard to beat for the money.. $50 (each) on eBay compared to the sunhans $74 (each). In the measurement pic, it's a TX measurement but the kicker for me is the 20dB RX it brings. RX is where it's at. Not kicking the sunhans at all.. they have their place in my set-ups. It's about finding the balance in the location your flying in.
I love the RF-Linx because of the AGC (automatic gain control) and the 20dB RX. The sunhans doesn't have AGC so output is solely based on the input received.. which can very well be the balance you need for your location. The RF-LINX takes an input and automatically adjust it's output to max performance without distorting the signal using built in filters to help filter out interferences. And that's why they just work great with these Omni antennas. But, I can pair the sunhans on the panel antennas and get a great performance in this location also. The difference.... Setting comfortably in a heated car and it 30 degrees outside.. and, it's a great sunshade. :)
RF linx RX 20db vs Sunhaus 13db RX... next.....

Reactions: JohnnyB
Great stuff here. My Russian blue asked "What's a VLOS".....

Probably a lot of this project was just the fun of building it. When I used to fly RC models, most of the enjoyment was building the plane and getting everything just right before its brief maiden flight that usually destroyed it! Then on to the next one. Building was restful and flying nerve racking!

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Probably a lot of this project was just the fun of building it. When I used to fly RC models, most of the enjoyment was building the plane and getting everything just right before its brief maiden flight that usually destroyed it! Then on to the next one. Building was restful and flying nerve racking!

Thanks,
Jim
WA5TEF

Luckily this went past the maiden flight.. lol Still loving and enjoying flying with this setup. Correct on the enjoyment of the build.. takes a bit to grasp the concept but if a hillbilly can do it...........

(You never linked to the post thread that started all of this.....)
(Laughs)

It's not a "short story".

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michello