Missing SRT files

Reaction score
I just flew a phantom 4 pro with "Video Captions" enabled. I cannot find .srt files on the sd card as I used to find it on the phantom 3 pro..I can see the exposure settings, date, time, GPS location embedded in the video. But I am unable to find a separate .SRT file. Is this a new update in phantom 4 pro or am I missing something?

Any sort of help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hello and WELCOME to the forum @Chetan

Reactions: Chetan
The Phantom 4 Pro does not creating a separate .SRT file on your sd card. If you have Video Caption Activated the .MOV or .MP4 you took will have the SRT data embeded. Just open a program like VLC PLAYER go to Subtitles tab and search for Subtitle Track option and then activate subtitles.

The Phantom 4 Pro does not creating a separate .SRT file on your sd card. If you have Video Caption Activated the .MOV or .MP4 you took will have the SRT data embeded. Just open a program like VLC PLAYER go to Subtitles tab and search for Subtitle Track option and then activate subtitles.

SRT Files were very small in size and were handy to get the log of duration, location and camera settings and everything. Please let me know if there is any way to create separate SRT files like we get in P3P or P4. I am trying to extract SRT details from the video itself. So far, I haven't been able to do that.

SRT Files were very small in size and were handy to get the log of duration, location and camera settings and everything. Please let me know if there is any way to create separate SRT files like we get in P3P or P4. I am trying to extract SRT details from the video itself. So far, I haven't been able to do that.
You can extract embedded .SRT from P4P .MOV files with ffmpeg
Code:
ffmpeg -i DJI_####.mov -vn -an -codec:s:X.Y srt DJI_####.srt

Reactions: loktite

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl