Minor scratch on body

Reaction score
Hey all! Just got my p3s and flew it around for 3-4 times, no crashes at all and landed with auto landing only.

I've spotted a minor scratch on the underbody of the drone and honestly IT doesn't feel like a crack or anything deep.

Is it something normal? Or should I contact dji? I'm not even sure how well is their service in Israel so if anyone got inputs on that too will be great to hear!

IMG_4730.JPG

Kind of looks like a crack to me, its really up to you what you want to do about it, I guess you could send it in for repair, me Personally if its not a crack I wouldn't worry about it. If it was around the motors yeah id send it in no question. Perhaps monitor it to see if it gets worse?

Was it new or a refurb?
Honestly, it's not in an area where stress cracks usually show up. I'd keep an eye on it, but I doubt it will develop into anything. If it bothers you cosmetically, you can call DJI and maybe swap it out, but the next one will probably be a refurb, could be worse. Happy flying!

It's a new one, and I got it off eBay so just replacing with the seller is difficult.
Cosemtcly I couldn't care less hehe, just don't wanna kill my unit within a month because of a crack. I guess I'll monitor it (maybe I'll draw a line with a pen to check if it's getting any worst)

Kind of looks like a crack to me, its really up to you what you want to do about it, I guess you could send it in for repair, me Personally if its not a crack I wouldn't worry about it. If it was around the motors yeah id send it in no question. Perhaps monitor it to see if it gets worse?
Kinda hard telling if it's a crack or not, even if it is, it doesn't go all the way thru

It's a new one, and I got it off eBay so just replacing with the seller is difficult.
Cosemtcly I couldn't care less hehe, just don't wanna kill my unit within a month because of a crack. I guess I'll monitor it (maybe I'll draw a line with a pen to check if it's getting any worst)
Don't draw on it, use a piece of tape of you are going to do that because if you do have to send it in you don't want to mark it up.

I would suggest against opening it to add glue, if you want to hold on to your warranty in case something goes wrong. I picked up some bondic from the store and patched a small crack on one of my arms. It has been holding for many hours of flight and DJI says it does not void warranty.
But that crack is small and not in a place where the integrity of the frame can be compromised. I doubt it will get much worse, but if it does, you have a few options here how to fix it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic