Minnesota - Area Code 952 - 651 - 612 Meetups & Flyins

Re: Minnesota - Area Code 952 Meetups & Flyins

Well how odd! I've been using it without the antennas for a while now, no problem picking up gps at all. Here's the vid I put together for everyone. Finally got a chance to upload from my phone.

3 components I installed inside the case:

immersion 600mw 5.8ghz
DJI iOSD mini
Tagg Pettracker GPS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvi9KO7U ... e=youtu.be

thongbong said:
Well how odd! I've been using it without the antennas for a while now, no problem picking up gps at all. Here's the vid I put together for everyone. Finally got a chance to upload from my phone.

3 components I installed inside the case:

immersion 600mw 5.8ghz
DJI iOSD mini
Tagg Pettracker GPS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nvi9KO7U ... e=youtu.be

Thanks. Nice setup.

I don't know if you guys are aware of a "killer" hobby shop in our area. It's Hobby Warehouse in south Minneapolis. (72nd & Chicago ave so) The guy to see/talk to is Tanner - he is quad guru and talks Phantom and knows DJI stuff. They are a DJI dealer (after the Colin debacle) I've gone in looking for things that usually are online order only and he has a couple in stock. They're stocking things like P2 shells, specialty cables and Zenmuse parts. Want to test drive a Phantom FC40 or vision? - done deal right there.They also do online sales but their website is a little lacking on info vs what they have in stock (and they have ALOT of stuff) Email or call if you're out of town - but Tanner is the guy.

Plus Tanner has a 3 D printer and is custom making landing gear spacers and custom parts (monitor brackets,...) amonst other things. Just an FYI.

EMCSQUAR said:
I don't know if you guys are aware of a "killer" hobby shop in our area. It's Hobby Warehouse in south Minneapolis. (72nd & Chicago ave so) The guy to see/talk to is Tanner - he is quad guru and talks Phantom and knows DJI stuff. They are a DJI dealer (after the Colin debacle) I've gone in looking for things that usually are online order only and he has a couple in stock. They're stocking things like P2 shells, specialty cables and Zenmuse parts. Want to test drive a Phantom FC40 or vision? - done deal right there.They also do online sales but their website is a little lacking on info vs what they have in stock (and they have ALOT of stuff) Email or call if you're out of town - but Tanner is the guy.

Plus Tanner has a 3 D printer and is custom making landing gear spacers and custom parts (monitor brackets,...) amonst other things. Just an FYI.

Good to know. Hub hobby has also got into the Phantom business. I asked them if they carried the Phantom and they said they were on the verge of ordering from a new distributor that could get them the Phantom. Mine was the first they ordered. Brandon is the guy to talk to at Hub. However, I would not say that he is extremely well-versed in the Phantom or DJI

It was just developed by people on phantom Pilots.

Im in Lakeville, Cedar/Dodd.

My phantom 2 arrived yesterday, gopro hero3 black edition is scheduled for delivery Monday, I would love to learn from any of you.

Any of you have the phantom 2 with gimbal and use fpv technology?

My name is Troy

ninjamaster said:

My phantom 2 arrived yesterday, gopro hero3 black edition is scheduled for delivery Monday, I would love to learn from any of you.

My name is Troy

Welcome, I fly with P2 FPV, what do you need to know?

ninjamaster said:

My name is Troy

Welcome to the club! I'm a P2 but no FPV yet. It's interesting how many Phantoms there actually are in our area

where are you located, Id love to see your set up. Did you hook everything up yourself? Whats your opinion on using FPV vs flying without? What technology are you using?

why doesn't everyone private message me with your first name, city and what kind of gear you have and I will compile a list and private messages back to everyone.

ninjamaster said:
where are you located, Id love to see your set up. Did you hook everything up yourself? Whats your opinion on using FPV vs flying without? What technology are you using?

There's really no point in flying a Phantom unless you do FPV or aerial video/photo. There are much better quads out there for stunt flying. I did hook everything up myself. I have an extra fpv monitor/immersion uno 5.8ghz video Rx setup with a DJI iOSD mini still in the bag I'm about to put up for sale. Only thing missing would be a video transmitter. I bought it for my other quad but I realized I dont use it enough and the gears going to waste. Its all very cleanly installed. I'm in the Plymouth area. Let me know if you're interested we can meet up and I'll help you get everything setup and going :D

Whats your opinion on shark goggle vs a screen? I was thinking if If i go FPV a goggle would be better for flying on sunny days so the light wouldnt glare off the screen? thoughts?

How do you know if your system is calibrated?
how many extra batteries do you guys recommend carrying?
What carrying case do you guys recommend?

ninjamaster said:
What carrying case do you guys recommend?

I'm still quite the noob myself but I can help you with the case. I went with the Pelican 1550 from BHPhoto. You can get a black one for $122 or a yellow one for $114. It holds my Phantom 2 with Zenmuse (props off). I only have one battery right now but it will hold a couple extra batteries. I don't have FPV stuff yet but it should hold that as well.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Nt ... av-Search=

PhantomDave said:
why doesn't everyone private message me with your first name, city and what kind of gear you have and I will compile a list and private messages back to everyone.
Cant pm yet but name is Dave from Garner Ia. P2 with h3 2d gimbel and gopro 3+.

dsloan said:
PhantomDave said:
Cant pm yet but name is Dave from Garner Ia. P2 with h3 2d gimbel and gopro 3+.

Got it. Thanks If you sign up for the forum, you should be able to use PM. otherwise give me an email address. I only have a particle list, so no hurry.

Everyone else......Let's all step up :lol:

got my new hero3 in the mail today...no SD card...ooopps, going to get one at best buy, Ill grab the 64.

What setting do you guys recommend for recording?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.