Mini or Full Size iPad

Reaction score
I recently purchased a P4P+ and found out that I cannot use this rig to do the mapping I want to do because the mapping apps won't work with it.

So I'm going to also purchase a P3P.

What is better to use for my screen--a full size ipad or a mini?

Reactions: Fancher9-76
What is better to use for my screen--a full size ipad or a mini?
The best option depends on your needs.

FWIW, I prefer using an iPad Mini since it's more compact and the screen is large enough for my needs. Then again, I often fly with an iPhone 7, so the iPad Mini is quite large compared to that.

I would like a large screen, but I wonder if it's too heavy and bulky and if others have found that the mini is a good compromise on size and convenience.

I like the iPad Air 2. Bought the metal Inspire 1 bracket from eBay $16. Replaced the plastic one. It came in 3 days from Texas. It really makes a huge difference. No wobbling and feels very sturdy.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: timmer
I like the iPad Air 2. Bought the metal Inspire 1 bracket from eBay $16. Replaced the plastic one. It came in 3 days from Texas. It really makes a huge difference. No wobbling and feels very sturdy.

This is my setup as well, and I also added in the Inspire remote strap to make it a little easier to manage. I do have to remove it from its case to get it to fit the mount though, and I doubt there's room for a sunshade. If Apple updates the iPad mini with an A9 or A10 processor I might trade up from the Air 2.

I've been told I need at least an A7 processor to handle the applications. I can get that in a mini?

I like my mini 3 wifi only. Handles my P3A just fine and all the apps work on it properly.

I plan to buy my ipad this week. I would like to save the money and purchase a mini 2 instead of a mini 3. The mini 2 has the a7 processor recommended by the company that makes the map app that I want to use, but they also recommend a mini 3. Will a mini 2 suffice? Could it cause me any problems?

I plan to buy my ipad this week. I would like to save the money and purchase a mini 2 instead of a mini 3. The mini 2 has the a7 processor recommended by the company that makes the map app that I want to use, but they also recommend a mini 3. Will a mini 2 suffice? Could it cause me any problems?

I use an iPad 2 mini with my P3S. Works fine, but it is a dedicated device only for flying, so there are minimal apps and other garbage on it to slow it down. Processor speed is not an issue with the mini2.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers