Mia / RIP

LOL . Naaa I'm gonna just have a new P2V and build it up like I had before for now as I already have so many parts for one and just sit back and watch what issues come out with the new one .
Would love to have one just to pop the top and see what's inside ya can mod but I'm pretty sure I will get to see soon enough in here as I know this bunch o_O ;)
Yep I think I'm just gonna stick to my old bird as of now(was just debating to sell p2 and order p3) cuz I have no doubts that u guys on here will find out all the mods / improvements that can be done for the old vintage taken from the new p3 (I hope)

Reactions: dirkclod
Dadburnit man, this is freaking ridiculous. I think DJI sent a lemon to the wrong person.

Gonna send you a parachute for that bird. Do you want to borrow a little Hubsan so you don't go through withdrawals?

Um, that doesn't look like it was a DJI OEM standard issued quad, looks to be highly modified including the upgraded motors and were the ESC's upgraded too? Yes? No? Clearly there was a dead short in the circuitry is the only explanation for the quad to just die mid-air like that. DJI does sell an auto-parachute system but it's very expensive. If this is a custom modified DJI quad, I'd say chances are that's your problem, not the DJI product itself. The only true way to find out is to have a tech employ a Level 3 diagnostic on all components, including the surface mounted ones. Sorry for the Star Trek "diagnostic" comment!

Um, that doesn't look like it was a DJI OEM standard issued quad, looks to be highly modified including the upgraded motors and were the ESC's upgraded too? Yes? No? Clearly there was a dead short in the circuitry is the only explanation for the quad to just die mid-air like that. DJI does sell an auto-parachute system but it's very expensive. If this is a custom modified DJI quad, I'd say chances are that's your problem, not the DJI product itself. The only true way to find out is to have a tech employ a Level 3 diagnostic on all components, including the surface mounted ones. Sorry for the Star Trek "diagnostic" comment!

Welcome to the forum Bert OConnor :confused:
To answer your questions just read my signature .
Happened to do Level 6 on it-post 71- and that's
what caused this ! o_O
looking at ya.jpg

Bert Feel free to stay stock... You can...

With this hobby, like other hobbies many strive for better. Why? If it flys away I want to find it. If it hit the ground I want the camera protected.

I know I will further modify as soon as pollen season is over I need more directional antenna power otherwise at my house I will be forced to only fly up and down the driveway due to the trees. I want miles of distance not yards.... I am like others following parts of Dirks flight path to the mods - but not to the ground I hope!

Enjoy and learn from others here.... It will save you time and money of level 3, 6 week diagnostics by the manufacture

Then you can post a picture of Dirks chickens.

Well today this church had ask me to take a video...
I'm curious, what's the weight of that rig with all the accessories?
DJI's recommended maximum payload (says "not recommended") for a Phantom 2 is 350 grams and a 'normal' payload of 300 grams.

It's possible if you were over or near the maximum payload that one of the ESCs or motors died causing it to crash...OR...An over amperage condition which fried the main board. This would cause a total stop of all motors and the resulting crash.

My Phantom 2 with SkySight 1.2W Video Transmitter, Flytrex Live 3G, GoPro Hero 3+ Black camera, H3-3D gimbal, Mini iOSD, neon lights, and front and back extensions equals 1513.54 grams [1.51 Kg] so I'm way over the maximum and I can tell the Phantom 2 is struggling at low hover from the sound of the motors. I have just tried one short flight in that configuration and the excess weight caused it to drift more when changing directions due to more G-force. It did zoom right up on full throttle through. It's said that the carbon fiber props can help with heavier loads but I haven't tried that.

I plan on reducing weight by removing the cases on accessories and shrink taping them and also to get rid of some connectors and excess wire I used for convenience in changing out to another quad I have. I may also remove the front and back carbon fiber extensions that I put on for getting the gimbal and camera farther forward for better video. I then had to use the back extension to balance it out as much as possible. All the accessories except for the gimbal/camera are on the back extension.

Bert Feel free to stay stock... You can...

With this hobby, like other hobbies many strive for better. Why? If it flys away I want to find it. If it hit the ground I want the camera protected.

I know I will further modify as soon as pollen season is over I need more directional antenna power otherwise at my house I will be forced to only fly up and down the driveway due to the trees. I want miles of distance not yards.... I am like others following parts of Dirks flight path to the mods - but not to the ground I hope!

Enjoy and learn from others here.... It will save you time and money of level 3, 6 week diagnostics by the manufacture

Then you can post a picture of Dirks chickens.
Sorry, too late. I have a FlySight video monitor/receiver, I've installed Fat Shark CPA's on both my P2 and the receiver/monitor, I've also modded the TX with a 5dBi antenna. I self installed DJI's anti-interference board inside the P2 because the video was a bit shaky but found that the OEM rubber dampners on the gimbal (black in color) were too stiff, so I installed the more flexible white dampners and now my video is rock steady with the gimbal. I don't fly beyond LOS, not just because the FAA says not to, but I've had runaways with a previously owned P2V+ and not being able to see its whereabouts is truly frightening, especially when it was out over the ocean... but RTH saved the day both times this happened.

I look forward to any meetups we can arrange with fellow Phantom pilots.

Sorry, too late. I have a FlySight video monitor/receiver, I've installed Fat Shark CPA's on both my P2 and the receiver/monitor, I've also modded the TX with a 5dBi antenna. I self installed DJI's anti-interference board inside the P2 because the video was a bit shaky but found that the OEM rubber dampners on the gimbal (black in color) were too stiff, so I installed the more flexible white dampners and now my video is rock steady with the gimbal. I don't fly beyond LOS, not just because the FAA says not to, but I've had runaways with a previously owned P2V+ and not being able to see its whereabouts is truly frightening, especially when it was out over the ocean... but RTH saved the day both times this happened.

I look forward to any meetups we can arrange with fellow Phantom pilots.
blank stare.png
Well I guess Mia not gonna RIP o_O

Dirkclod, I'm new to the forum (as of a few minutes ago) and have no idea what "Mia not gonna RIP" means.
o_O April 4 th is not a few minutes ago and RIP means Rest In Peace .
Maybe ya just posted in wrong spot :)

Check out all my posts since April 4th... I'm new to this forum. I know what RIP means, I helped bury both of my parents, father in law, mother in law, sister. No need for sarcasm. After inquiring about the "Mia...RIP" thing (which is still unexplained) then perhaps my "membership" here should be on a probationary status not only from MY perspective but from yours as well. A simple explanation for my question would have sufficed and if this costs me my "membership" here, SH.

Check out all my posts since April 4th... I'm new to this forum. I know what RIP means, I helped bury both of my parents, father in law, mother in law, sister. No need for sarcasm. After inquiring about the "Mia...RIP" thing (which is still unexplained) then perhaps my "membership" here should be on a probationary status not only from MY perspective but from yours as well. A simple explanation for my question would have sufficed and if this costs me my "membership" here, SH.
Mia is the name Dirk gave his Phantom. He wasn't being sarcastic, he really is a nice guy to know on the forums, just a bit rough around the edges.

Get back on the horse, Dirk.

Chill Bert ! Sorry but I didn't see no question :confused: Was just saying I thought this had been put to sleep ! The thread that is !
Please don't take offense to my remark and go anywhere ,and ain't nothing going to cost you your membership on this :)
Am sorry for your losses also .

Mia is the name Dirk gave his Phantom. He wasn't being sarcastic, he really is a nice guy to know on the forums, just a bit rough around the edges.

Get back on the horse, Dirk.
We posted at same time Steve ! Rough huh....more just like bumpy o_O;)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31