META-REVIEW: Complete list of Mavic features & what people are saying about it

The IMU calibration is unexpectedly complicated :eek:

Yeah, strange! At least no mention of refrigeration needed.;)

META-REVIEW: Complete list of Mavic features & what people are saying about it

msinger: Never ceases to amaze me the amount of information and assistance you put out here for the benefit of all - a thank you seems a little hollow considering the consistency, time and selfless efforts you put forth. So very much appreciated no doubt by all.

Looks like conflicting info about the camera's exposure abilities. One part says it can take 2 second long exposures and another part lists shutter speed 8sec - 1/8000th sec. Am I misinterpreting something?

Look the quality of the Mavic
Obviously the Phantom will stick around.

Is this the infamous unfocused video? The one where the operator doesn't focus the lens on the Mavic?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Thank you msinger, as always. That is the single most useful post on every forum that I've started visiting for this thing. Ordered, and can't wait, my beloved P3a's on eBay.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: msinger
msinger, you are an absolute star and one who selflessly devotes much of your own time for the benefit of others.

We really appreciate your presence on the forum. Thank you for such a detailed and enlightening thread.

Reactions: msinger
Welp, time to invest in a microUSB-to-HDMI cable. Would definitely be neat to have a larger monitor next to you for displaying FPV to a crowd.
Isn't the USB port used to connect to the controller? If not how does it connect? Too bad the RC TX does not support HDMI.

Last edited:
The IMU calibration is unexpectedly complicated :eek:

Exactly like 3DR Pixhawk flight controller. Also dual IMU and compass is similar. Is it possible....?

Last edited:
Isn't the USB port used to connect to the controller? If not how does it connect?
Yes, a micro usb port with a lightning adapter or a standard USB port. No chance of HDMI through USB at the moment. No drivers, and I'm sure DJI is going to milk their proprietary display sales first.

Is there any type of screen sharing available? I half-recall something about sharing the experience, but that might just be with the DJI Goggles? I have a pair of Moverio BT-200's and I'm hoping I'll be able to rig them to somehow get the video feed while I fly the sticks.
They're Android but 4.0 and not compatible with the current Go app....

Looks like conflicting info about the camera's exposure abilities. One part says it can take 2 second long exposures and another part lists shutter speed 8sec - 1/8000th sec. Am I misinterpreting something?
DJI quoted that the gimbal was stable enough to take 2 seconds exposures and still getting sharp pictures

Reactions: threegs
Isn't the USB port used to connect to the controller? If not how does it connect? Too bad the RC TX does not support HDMI.
Well, yes and no. While the OOTB cable does attach to the µUSB on the left side, there's also a central USB-A on the underside that you can use if you don't mind it looking odd.

If the controller can output through both at the same time, then you could have your phone connected and still have "HDMI out" using an adapter.

Edit: Nevermind. Blade Strike clarified that the 'video out' was just stating that either port can be used to drive the Go app on the mobile device.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj