Memory card not storing much

Reaction score
Just gone a few flights with a new p4p and wondering if there is something wrong with memory card - using the 16gb one which came with it, we are only getting about 7 mins of 4k video before it's full. I googled info on memory usage and 11gb should give you 30 mins 4k video.

Formatted it repeatedly but not helping

There is no set file size for 4k video, it depends on bitrate. The P4P records at 100mbit/s (12.5 Megabytes/sec).whatever you googled it probably didn't relate to a P4P.

After formatting my memory card, it's showing 21:10 minutes of available recording time for 4K video.

Just gone a few flights with a new p4p and wondering if there is something wrong with memory card - using the 16gb one which came with it, we are only getting about 7 mins of 4k video before it's full. I googled info on memory usage and 11gb should give you 30 mins 4k video.

Formatted it repeatedly but not helping
Yip threw my 16gb out got a 64gb,,90mps,,bit overkill but good:)i also delete unwanted pics or vids

You should get much more video storage than that even with only 16GB. I purchased several 32GB cards and use these, I likely will never fill one during the course of one flight regardless of how I configure my video. At the end of the day, all content is offloaded to my raw video storage and the card(s) formatted for the next flight.

4 may be similar to the 3 in that if you don't reformat the card in the app, you may not get a 'real' reformatting. Deleting files or reformatting on the PC can leave artifacts or not properly reset pointers so it looks like there is less room than there really is.

Not sure from where sdcard is coming but can contain more partition(s) eating disk space, extra partition being hidden or not.

Though very unusual and never seen this in drone context and sdcard directly used in craft after buying, I can quickly explain why disk space can be missing and might be of interest to you.

A friend of mine gave me a sdcard complaining limited free space after deleting all files. I had to use system commands to delete extra partition and resize root one to recover full size, something that was as impossible to do with usual windows disk management as everything was protected, like windows does for system recovery purpose.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT