MC Data Error?

Reaction score
My P3P has been working flawlessly - until I powered up today, and got a MC Data Error pop-up. It affected the camera as well, as it was not transmitting a visual. The phantom is flashing (rear) red/green alternately.
Front LED's are steady red.
Any suggestion would be appreciated! Thanks.

I noticed this when entering flight data mode (don't recall the exact name, but the mode used to pull the flight logsfrom the internal SD card)
The little research I found pointed to a faulty SD card (not the one used for the camera, but one glued deep in the battery compartment). Some people found resolution by erasing the logs or forcefully removing the SD card and replacing it with another new one. If you do take the internal SD card out, put it in a PC and see if it's readable.

this is just info I've come across, I'm by far no expert.

My P3P has been working flawlessly - until I powered up today, and got a MC Data Error pop-up. It affected the camera as well, as it was not transmitting a visual. The phantom is flashing (rear) red/green alternately.
Front LED's are steady red.
Any suggestion would be appreciated! Thanks.

Yeah there's a bunch of threads on this subject and it seems like there's a lot of different ideas about what causes it and what can fix it - one is listed in the comment above. If you are still under warranty - I would contact DJI before I went around and messed with the internal SD card...

Thank you Buckaye and lookin4pain. Strangely, I moved my setup from my workbench to the kitchen counter, and the issue cleared up, but my DJI GO app would not connect (I normally use Litchi). There does seem to be a correlation between the sd cards and this issue - so I'm going to use another device that only has DJI GO on it, and try to format the Cam SD card. I haven't been doing this, and it may have caused the problem. Having experienced DJI Support in my P2 days, I'm still a little gunshy, altho I understand their support has improved dramatically. I'll update.

Today I took it out for a test flight, but the video would not initialize. I re-started the Phantom battery a couple of times, and temporaily got the video back. I noted the light on the gimbal was blinking green for about 5 sec, stop then repeat. No red. Upon initialization, the camera would go into its start-up, and stay at the 0 position for about 20 sec, then appear to just lose power and hang down. No video. Also, when I turn the battery off on the Phantom, it does not want to completely shut down and the power button, as well as the Phantom’s led’s continue to blink (the line of battery LED’s are off) until I depress and hold the off button.? I’ve also noted the chrome circular cap on the Gimbal gets very hot. Sadly, I felt I had exhausted "user" troubleshooting.
As it is under warranty, I contacted the DJI Dealer, and they will take it back for evaluation/repair...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic