Mayday Mayday Bird down!

Reaction score
First let me state, it was my fault. I am not going to be like a lot of others and blame it on DJI. I am new to flying I have around 15hrs under my belt.

I was just practicing filming while my wife mowed the lawn. Trying to get better. Well I saw I was getting close to a baby tree and new I needed to pull up, got nervous and pushed the wrong stick forward. Thank god I was only about 3ft to 4ft high. I ran quickly out there it was upside down, I picked it up fired it up just to see then shut it done.

After a long inspection, wiped and cleaned the blades and the bird. I re calibrated everything. And she is perfect not a scratch. I have got by with this crash. Will practice harder now.

Sorry I wasnt recording when I crashed but here's a picture showing what I was doing. How do you post videos
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435796899.122989.jpg
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1435797006.249108.jpg

Last edited:
I have a more difficult question. How do you get your wife to cut the grass? :)
I assume there's a beer koozie hidden on that mower somewhere...

I have had one crash. I was near power lines going to an old train station I was shooting, and misjudged. I only broke two props but from then on I decided to be very conservative with my expensive gadget and I do not go anywhere near trees, lines, buildings, etc. It is not worth the risk.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20