MaxxUAV.com now carries ItElite Antennas!

You are lucky it makes an enormous difference. I live in FL, and fly out on the beach, and inland. Up the beach, even with all the condos (the interference reaching the waterline must be minimal), I've seen 12,000' (Stock. P3P Weak signal prompted turn around) but agonizingly (for me) I haven't gotten to try my P4 out in this clean an environment. This is at altitudes below 200'. LOS when it's that flat is easy.

In land a bit, where I'm living now, I've seen ranges in the 2,500' range, in areas with large housing developments, at high enough altitudes where I know I'm still LOS not quite 400', but high. BIG DIFFERENCE. I'd say some of these areas really shouldn't be over flown. You can try and not be directly over dense tracts of houses, but it's hard. Obviously interference.

FOR MY P4: In directions where it's relatively non-residential, and no neighborhoods are ever below, I saw 1.5 miles (about 8,000'). And I was naughty. I had to go up to 700' to get there.

If there was little interference, why so much more range over the beach (12,000')? I'm figuring a little interference, but 700'/8000' will show an angle of about 5°. Pretty shallow. Was I really LOS? Probably not quite. Plus we are talking P3P vs P4. But over this same route I saw about the same with the P3P.

That's my range info. The 12,000' over the beach flight, was when I was really new, and was downwind! What an idiot. Only slightly downwind, but still... I got back but it died when I catch landed it -- ready to auto land in seconds.

LOS can be REALLY important. At 2,200', I was getting a strong signal at 200', and dropped lower to look at something. This area was modestly industrial, very little population. At 150', I lost the signal like a switch had been turned. I think I dropped below a wide concrete intervening building. It faithfully flew back and I quickly got the signal back.

But I learned that in anyplace with tree coverage, once you're 2,000' away (or less), you aren't going to get near the ground and get a signal. Clear LOS is BIG. HOW MUCH THESE ANTENNAS AND/OR BOOSTERS CAN HELP WITH THAT ("PENETRATATION") I'M CURIOUS ABOUT.

I agree, I live in a very dense area with more trees then I know what to do with and a house every 20 feet. With the MaxxUAV antenna I am able to get another 500 ft or a little more not amplified before I start losing signal. I cannot really go over 400 ft because i have a small craft airport near me not to mention Argonne National Labs and a flight pattern for Southwest heading into Midway Airport. I loose sight after 200 feet away due to homes and trees all around so needless to say 3000 ft for me is more then plenty where I live. Im hoping to head over to lake Michigan and really see what kind of distance I can get in a wide open area. Until it warms up, im happy just trolling around the neighborhood

Thanks Ed... sounds great and I sincerely appreciate your help .. :)

I'll order the order the DJI - Evo Kit Plus and set of the High Quality Antenna Cables RG402 (8.75" or 22cm) and contact you when it arrives...

Can you send me your contact info via private email and I'll respond...

Regards,
Doug

ps: Ed.. I just placed order on-line with Jake for both items above... I had to take out a second mortgage on the house to cover the cost of the exchange on the U.S. dollar against ours, plus shipping costs (let alone customs duties if they nail me on those too), so I hope this works well in my treed neighborhood. :D
Hi Doug,
I'll send my contact info.

Yeah the exchange rate is heartbreaking. If the package is sent by USPS, the duties would be the usual 13% tax. USPS doesn't charge the insane brokerage fees that UPS or Fedex does.

Ed

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Jake. Would it be possible for you to email me when your clean install kit is available too please?
I am from UK and ready to order your product.
Thanks

Jake. Would it be possible for you to email me when your clean install kit is available too please?
I am from UK and ready to order your product.
Thanks
Yep, I'll let you know when it's available.

Reactions: barnibar
@dsd317 and everyone too

if you use the phantom 4 antennas, (im not sure if you have the P4 radio controller)
but when you compare with...

the ITELITE - DJI RANGE BOOSTER ITE-DBS02 (no battery or no amplifers) just alone antenna.

would both anntennas be the same ? or would you notice something differnce?

The whole point is that they are not the same. That is the point of having a new antenna that is directional. I sent you a link to my extended range review so you can see the differences. Having boosters will likely improve the signal even more, but the directionality will help with distance, penetration, and reliable video feed. That's the point of them.

@dsd317 and everyone too

if you use the phantom 4 antennas, (im not sure if you have the P4 radio controller)

the ITELITE - DJI RANGE BOOSTER ITE-DBS02 (no battery or no amplifers) just alone antenna.

ahhhhhh! ok, now i understand!

i want to get distance, but at same time i really want the best signal pentration by trees, and what ever i come across, just as long ITELITE - DJI RANGE BOOSTER ITE-DBS02
(without batteries, and amplifier, those items I will get soon, just saving $ for it)

if im getting directional improvment, and this better overall, so this better improvment over the anntenna on the P4 anntenas?

Last edited:
In my experience, the unboosted setup is much, much better in terms of both distance and penetration. I'm sure the boosted set up would improve even further upon that!

ahhhhhh! ok, now i understand!

i want to get distance, but at same time i really want the best signal pentration by trees, and what ever i come across, just as long ITELITE - DJI RANGE BOOSTER ITE-DBS02
(without batteries, and amplifier, i will get soon, just saving $ for it)

if im getting directional improvment, and this better overall, so this better improvment over the anntenna on the P4 anntenas?

@dsd317 and everyone too

I apologize. I didn't realize i commented in a P4 thread. I don't have a P4. I have a P3P. When comparing both antennas, I personally think they'll perform similarly. And depending on your surrounding environment, one may out-perform the other. Also, from my experience, the FPVLR antenna seems to be much more sensitive to direction. Meaning, you'll have to do your best to aim the antenna nearly perfectly to get the most distance. With the DBS, I don't have to be that perfectly aligned. Again, that's in my area. This MAY be different for others with the same setup.

Yep, I'll let you know when it's available.

Hi Jake... I'm also going to order the ITElite w/ "clean install" cable kit from you as soon as you're ready to start selling it. (Assuming you will test these cables to make sure they're up to your standards before you offer them for sale). Let me know if there's some kind of waitlist or notification e-mail I should sign up for.

Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
Hi Jake... I'm also going to order the ITElite w/ "clean install" cable kit from you as soon as you're ready to start selling it. (Assuming you will test these cables to make sure they're up to your standards before you offer them for sale). Let me know if there's some kind of waitlist or notification e-mail I should sign up for.
I've added you to the notify list :)

Reactions: Kampy
I noticed today while using MaxxUAV setup that I was making a mistake of pointing the antenna more up in the air then out towards the craft, as soon as I corrected this I received better reception. Always learning a little bit more each day.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yep! I was supposed to email Jordan there pics of the setup yesterday so he could work on some designs but I haven't had a chance. I'll do it later today.

Is there any case available that will hold the rc with the itelite attached?

Lately, I've been using this one: B&W Type 3000 Black Case

Although, with only the DBS antenna (no booster/amps), i just modified my GPC backpack as shown below:

backpack1.JPG

Reactions: BigAl07
Here's a photo of my old setup in that type 3000 case I posted previously:

type3000case.JPG

I've since changed that setup on my controller, but continue to use this case.

what a bunch of spaghettie on such a clean radio. i dont like these amplified setups :/ hope the version without amps is going to be sufficient. double the range/penetration would already suffice.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jakob08z