Maxx VS Terminator. Long distance antenna shootout!

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots1462291053.404107.jpg

We've got two different awesome antennas out on the market right now and it was time to put them to a side-by-side test.
The Terminator from Horizon
The Maxxrange from DBS
Lots of tests are sure to come from both of these antennas and a lot of different pilots and you're welcome to post them results here.
My test was UNBOOSTED
P3A 1.6 fw new motors
Battery modded
GL300B controller
I turned both around at 50% bat
Using a tripod (faced it almost level w/ horizon & never moved it during entire flight!
Terminator:
150'-250' 100% signal entire trip
45000' unboosted. NICE[emoji41]
Maxxrange:
150'-250' after 20000' I was still only 200' high and a couple bars dropped on the video signal, I went up to 250' @ 25000'and never had the issue again.
39000'
This was my first flight with the Maxxrange, and even though it dropped a couple bars, I'm still going to have to call this first round a tie. These are both great antennas!
The Terminator is tough,unbreakable,&dependable!
The Maxx is light,cute,clean,&every thing you love about the little DBS panel.
Both these antennas are game changers for all of us, no matter what our goals[emoji41]
Maxx HD
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
Terminator HD
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Nice comparison DB. Hopefully by Saturday I'll be chiming in with my tests of the Maxxrange. I'll be fitting it to a GL300A.

Reactions: dirtybum
Thanks for sharing! Great info! My Maxxrange from DBS arrives tomorrow, but I may not be able to fly this week. :(

Thats awesome..look almost same size. Hows the weight difference just holding on to it?

View attachment 52477
We've got two different awesome antennas out on the market right now and it was time to put them to a side-by-side test.
The Terminator from Horizon
The Maxxrange from DBS

Dirty,

That's great info! When you guys figure out the best antenna's, the best battery setup, etc. I'll be buying some stuff!

It really does my heart good seeing some people go out the edge. I've done it my entire life and thought that would ultimately keep this country on top but we're dipping these days. Very few seem to be willing to risk anything anymore. They just want $10, $15, $20 bucks an hour and a pile of benefits. Those of us that took all the risks are bad guys and don't deserve what we now have. Sad state of affairs, in my humble opinion, but so be it. I'm following you guys like a hawk, I just love the competition and the willingness to take some risk! I'm all in, I've just got to learn more about this stuff.

Respect,

Jerry

Reactions: tominwa
Excellent job DB - both in the work involved with what you had to do and in the description of the results. Well done!

Looking at these two antennas - do you think it's possible they are actually the same antennas in different cases?

Reactions: dirtybum and Reed L
I cant wait to see what you get with amps hooked up!!!.

Lol come on DB i know your probably still going to try it!!!..eventually!

How far away was it from home point.
I'll have to check flytrex , but you see my last screenshot. I don't know what happened at 10 miles but the device I was using set the go app wasn't responding so I switched over to my iPhone and then kept going.so unfortunately it's going to be broke up into two logs. But at least I had Flytrx running it'll all be one log

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues