Maxx UAV - Secret Battery Mod!

This mod simply allows connecting external batteries. Any other discussion about new gen external batteries' potential flight times belongs in a completely different thread, unless such entirely futuristic discussions are deliberately being posted here to mislead people into buying this mod, implying that there is something special about this mod which will double flight times! It won't. It can't. Jake even said so himself! :rolleyes:

My point is that I'm not sure what are exactly the benefits if still using current gen batteries. Therefore mentioning next gen to explain tge difference. Why not having a demo about what the mod does with current gen? Just to clarify effective benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
Maxwuav if they sell it for example 250$ i will understand but the little mod which represent 1 connector + 2 steel pieces and some thermic ruber .... Even if you work for 1 week on the prototype it should be sell 25$ and with this you will sell tons of them ....

Just compare the amount of work between the little adapter and maxxuav work .... It is like 10 to 20 times more work ....

Now this is just my opinion i won't pay more than 25$ for that but for Maxxuav i will pay what they ask in the survey trust me ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I see what your saying about the connector, it looks simple, but ghetto as hell, I rather use Maxxuav setup, I love clean looking setups on anything Multirotor. Just my opinion.....

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
My point is that I'm not sure what are exactly the benefits if still using current gen batteries. Therefore mentioning next gen to explain tge difference. Why not having a demo about what the mod does with current gen? Just to clarify effective benefits.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Benefits are a roughly 50% increase in your current flight times, using two 2800 mAh MaxAmps ($170) as the external batteries, and a D100 dual charger ($120).

So, for roughly $300 plus the cost of Jake's mod (price unknown), whenever it becomes available, you can realistically add up to 50% to your current P4 flight times.

Or you can spend $250 (includes free 2 day FedEx return of your aircraft) today for the aircraft battery mod, through FPVCustoms.com and add the same externals and charger cost, and have 50% more flight time next week!

You choose! :cool:
The batteries and charger are fully compatible and can be used with both P4 battery mods, as well as any P3 battery mod.

Jake's mod was not available back in May when I desperately needed a P4 battery mod. Whenever I need another P4, I would definitely want Jake's mod already on hand to be ready to fly immediately with externals, with a replacement stock P4, so I will be buying one for myself, too, as soon as they are available, as long as the price is under $100!

Last edited:
Reactions: RémyHeli
Ignoring the weight/extra battery capacity ratios.. wouldn't simply having that weight cause the motors to have to work a LOT harder and cause significant wear/overheating concerns?

Ignoring the weight/extra battery capacity ratios.. wouldn't simply having that weight cause the motors to have to work a LOT harder and cause significant wear/overheating concerns?

That was a concern of mine at first but if I can gain significant time with the mod I'm sold. Replacement motors are cheap!

Hey Jake
R u gonna start taking pre-orders at a lil lower price than the market price later on? :D
Question...if the motors continually run for say 50mins which is more than the stock 25/27mins, is tht gonna heat up the motors and cause problems?

Hey Jake
R u gonna start taking pre-orders at a lil lower price than the market price later on? :D
Question...if the motors continually run for say 50mins which is more than the stock 25/27mins, is tht gonna heat up the motors and cause problems?
I'll open up pre-orders as soon as we have a confirmed shipping date. I don't do pre-orders like those other companies that keep delaying and delaying.

Benefits are a roughly 50% increase in your current flight times, using two 2800 mAh MaxAmps ($170) as the external batteries, and a D100 dual charger ($120).

So, for roughly $300 plus the cost of Jake's mod (price unknown), whenever it becomes available, you can realistically add up to 50% to your current P4 flight times.

Or you can spend $250 (includes free 2 day FedEx return of your aircraft) today for the aircraft battery mod, through FPVCustoms.com and add the same externals and charger cost, and have 50% more flight time next week!

You choose! :cool:
The batteries and charger are fully compatible and can be used with both P4 battery mods, as well as any P3 battery mod.

Jake's mod was not available back in May when I desperately needed a P4 battery mod. Whenever I need another P4, I would definitely want Jake's mod already on hand to be ready to fly immediately with externals, with a replacement stock P4, so I will be buying one for myself, too, as soon as they are available, as long as the price is under $100!

I think it's rude to advertise another solution on this thread. Jake is a businessman and does a great job. Anyone that would prefer having their bird cracked open versus a mod this this is not thinking long term. Save a few bucks but open yourself up to ruining your bird? Bad advice.

Jake is a great vendor and is finding a way to get the battery that's needed without having to alter your bird.

In my opinion I think it hurts the resell to do the FPV mod. I just wouldn't trust someone's word. This is a much better solution because it's optional.

Gadget, again I frankly disagree with your approach. Furthermore I find it disrespectful to our great vendor Jake

I think it's rude to advertise another solution on this thread. Jake is a businessman and does a great job. Anyone that would prefer having their bird cracked open versus a mod this this is not thinking long term. Save a few bucks but open yourself up to ruining your bird? Bad advice.

Jake is a great vendor and is finding a way to get the battery that's needed without having to alter your bird.

In my opinion I think it hurts the resell to do the FPV mod. I just wouldn't trust someone's word. This is a much better solution because it's optional.

Gadget, again I frankly disagree with your approach. Furthermore I find it disrespectful to our great vendor Jake

There's no pleasing you, is there? :rolleyes:
I'll take my advice from Jake rather than you on what Jake considers rude!
Jake has been very upfront about the alternative. Had this mod been available at the time I needed my mod, I likely would have gone this route instead. It wasn't, and so I had to make do with the only option available. Modifying the aircraft itself does not save a few bucks, if you have it done by a professional, like Paul. I didn't do it myself and I would not recommend that anyone try it. The $200 Paul charges for his labor and the wiring is a bargain! The only reason it costs $250 is because Paul pays $50 for return 2 day shipping.

Jake's mod saves the need for shipping and insuring your P4 to and from, and your P4 has no downtime. Even if Jake decides to price his mod at $150, it is still cheaper than the birdside alternative. If you lose your aircraft with the birdside mod, even if your externals were not on it, to get a new one modded, will cost you the full $250 again. With Jake's mod, you either buy another less expensive Jake mod, or, if you weren't using externals at the time, you haven't lost your Jake mod at all! Jake's mod is the winner either way! :cool:

Last edited:
On the contrary.... No pleasing you sir. That's my point. Negative Negative Negative. It's annoying. Of course it is my opinion as someone that was initially attacked by you for claiming to love my P4 when it first came out and the ensuing arguing over stats that I didn't care about.

Again my opinion.

On the contrary.... No pleasing you sir. That's my point. Negative Negative Negative. It's annoying. Of course it is my opinion as someone that was initially attacked by you for claiming to love my P4 when it first came out and the ensuing arguing over stats that I didn't care about.

Again my opinion.

Well, if this is about a grudge completely unrelated to this thread, then I suggest you let it go. I don't remember attacking anyone over their love of their P4. I love mine, too. Sorry if it came across that way. If there was a discussion of relevent stats at the time that you didn't care about, then why do you still care so much now? In the interests of moving on, please accept my apologies for any offense you took over any discussion of stats at the time, that were relevant to anyone coming from a P3P to the P4, based upon false advertising claims by DJI. Clearly, at this time, we are in agreement, or at least, I hope so. :cool:

And we will stop being argumentative now. You 2 have an issue settle it in messages and not in this thread .
Nuff said :)

Reactions: Myetkt

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20