Maxx UAV - Secret Battery Mod!

Did you /can you check if the batteries affect Tx or Rx of the P4?
Another idea: Why not combining this mod with an antenna mod or light weight amplifier? Clearly the Tx of the P4 is somewhat weak for long range/ none LOS.
just an idea..
Any antenna mod for the P3P will work with the P4, after an RC update to the P3P controller. The transmitters are the same except for power outputs, with the original GL300A being the best. External batteries will not adversely affect control signal or video downlink if properly mounted.

Reactions: RémyHeli
Yep, some pilots using another controller as having more tx power ie: GL300A vs GL300C of the P4, the latter having lower tx power.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hey guys, I'm finally able to release some pictures of the secret battery mod we've been working on the past few months. We're trying to gauge interest so we can determine volume and price point. If you don't mind, could you take a quick survey?

Click here to go to survey: Maxx UAV Battery Mod

Also, keep in mind the only other option available right now is a $250 mod that has irreversible damage by soldering and drilling.

I expect a lot of questions, and some I will not be able to answer.

Much appreciated!
Is this available for purchase yet?

Is this available for purchase yet?
Last I heard, it was scrapped. The prototype he had made did not live up to his expectations, and he decided not to pursue it any further. Given that the P4 is now discontinued, and the P4P battery adds additional flight time to the P4, without any mod or additional weight, I doubt it will ever be resurrected.

Reactions: KyleMaxxUAV
Last I heard, it was scrapped. The prototype he had made did not live up to his expectations, and he decided not to pursue it any further. Given that the P4 is now discontinued, and the P4P battery adds additional flight time to the P4, without any mod or additional weight, I doubt it will ever be resurrected.
Oh wow this is news to me i.ll have to look it up, so if i buy a p4p battery it.ll just plug into my p4 and give me more flight time?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok so a p4p battery does work in a p4 it only has a slight increase in power

Yes. However, even a real "slight" 2 minute 10% increase in flight time can be significant! Assume you need to fly 3-4 miles to get to your point of interest. Assume that leaves you 2 minutes at your destination for photography, before you need to turn around with the original P4 battery. Now put in a P4P battery, and, with that additional 2 minutes, you have now doubled your flight time at your point of interest! :cool:

Last edited:
Reactions: Drestin Black
Yes. However, even a real "slight" 2 minute 10% increase in flight time can be significant! Assume you need to fly 3-4 miles to get to your point of interest. Assume that leaves you 2 minutes at your destination for photography, before you need to turn around with the original P4 battery. Now put in a P4P battery, and, with that additional 2 minutes, you have now doubled your flight time at your point of interest! :cool:
Thats a good point

I wonder if a p4pro battery in a p4 gives more flight time than a the same battery in a p4pro

Thats a good point

I wonder if a p4pro battery in a p4 gives more flight time than a the same battery in a p4pro

Depends upon how you fly the P4 and the P4P. Whatever your current P4 flight time is, add roughly 10% to it. However, the advertised difference in flight times between them is 10%, 27 v 30 minutes. Add 10% to the P4 claimed 27 minutes, and you almost have 30 minutes. So, not more, but close to the same. Just don't expect to get the advertised flight times on either. Figure on 10-20% less than advertised flight times on both aircraft under most circumstances.

Depends upon how you fly the P4 and the P4P. Whatever your current P4 flight time is, add roughly 10% to it. However, the advertised difference in flight times between them is 10%, 27 v 30 minutes. Add 10% to the P4 claimed 27 minutes, and you almost have 30 minutes. So, not more, but close to the same. Just don't expect to get the advertised flight times on either. Figure on 10-20% less than advertised flight times on both aircraft under most circumstances.
Thanks for that
So pretty much similar times

Good evening, I need to buy this piece, please contact us to make the purchase transaction, you can send to BRAZIL, CONTACT US BY EMAIL : [email protected]

Hey guys, I'm finally able to release some pictures of the secret battery mod we've been working on the past few months. We're trying to gauge interest so we can determine volume and price point. If you don't mind, could you take a quick survey?

Click here to go to survey: Maxx UAV Battery Mod

Also, keep in mind the only other option available right now is a $250 mod that has irreversible damage by soldering and drilling.

I expect a lot of questions, and some I will not be able to answer.

Much appreciated!

Let us know when the P3 version is available. [emoji16]
P3 battery mods to the actual battery are readily available, and have been for years. The leads to splice into are in the top of the battery cap, and easily accessible, unlike the P4/P4P batteries where the leads are at the other end, making it impossible to splice into reliably for long term use. The newly added wires will eventually fray and short out along the narrow inside length of the battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl