Maximum distance limitation

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 Standard. I was flying the other day and when I got to 1650 feet I received the notice that I had reached my maximum distance. I checked my DJI app. and my max was set to 500 meters (about the 1650 feet.). I tried to change it in the app but it kept going back to the 500 meters. Is there a reason that this is the fartherist I can go ? I have seen many videos of folks going a lot longer distance.

You have to be connected to the drone package, to save any setting changes. Disable maximum distance and see how you go.

Ok, Aussie, not beginners mode (that is 30 meters). To tax, Not altitude but distance. Revel, I had the drone on and RC and wi-fi connected to the drone when I opened the DJI app bit when I set it to 900 mwaters and it would default back to 500 meters even though the setting said I could go a lot further than that.

Ok, Aussie, not beginners mode (that is 30 meters). To tax, Not altitude but distance. Revel, I had the drone on and RC and wi-fi connected to the drone when I opened the DJI app bit when I set it to 900 mwaters and it would default back to 500 meters even though the setting said I could go a lot further than that.
If you disable maximum distance it will disregard whatever number you type in. That's how it worked on my old PS3, unless there has been a change in the app.

My p3pro also max distance 500mts/ anyone explain how to disable and will RTH still work? tx

My p3pro also max distance 500mts/ anyone explain how to disable and will RTH still work? tx
In the app settings, in the screen where you have your max distance setting, you can see the enable max distance slider. Turn that off and you can fly as far as your signal will let you. RTH will still work manually as long as you have a signal, if the controller disconnects it will activate after approx 3 seconds. You need to be powered up to change and save the settings.

Reactions: G-Time
I have a Phantom 3 Standard. I was flying the other day and when I got to 1650 feet I received the notice that I had reached my maximum distance. I checked my DJI app. and my max was set to 500 meters (about the 1650 feet.). I tried to change it in the app but it kept going back to the 500 meters. Is there a reason that this is the fartherist I can go ? I have seen many videos of folks going a lot longer distance.
you have to turn the drones geo fence off in other words you have to turn the max distance slider to off

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic