Max Print size for P4P

Reaction score
I am looking at getting the P4P (upgrading from P3A) and I was wondering as to how big of prints I can get from the shots (recommended largest print size)

I saw people talk about photos they have printed up to 40" but never mentioned how far you could push it. (with the photo still looking good).

I think the P4P will be the best as per image quality in drones for that amount of money so I will definitely get it but would still be good to see as to how for it can go (photography).

I am looking at getting the P4P (upgrading from P3A) and I was wondering as to how big of prints I can get from the shots (recommended largest print size)

I saw people talk about photos they have printed up to 40" but never mentioned how far you could push it. (with the photo still looking good).

I think the P4P will be the best as per image quality in drones for that amount of money so I will definitely get it but would still be good to see as to how for it can go (photography).

Single image? Panorama? Depends..

Properly exposed in good light (low ISO) the same rules apply as with any imaging system- aim for 300DPI in the print (150 as a minimum).

There are many variables to this question. Are you making the print yourself or having it done professionally? If you or the print service is using a RIP, you can go absolutely huge and print sizes.
A RIP, also known as a rastor image processor is software which interpolates your file up to whatever size you want to print it with extremely low loss of image quality.

What Zeldon said ... if you're doing it through a RIP, the sky is pretty much the limit. (heh heh )

Non-RIP printing, you can still go pretty large. You can get away with 100-120 DPI images in prints because no matter what you send it in as, the final print proces (assuming you're sending it to a pro photo lab) will resize it and resample it, and they do a really nice job at it.

Also, keep in mind that the larger the final print, the further away you will be standing to view it. So you can get away with a lot more grain. You're not going to stand 3 inches away to look at a 4 foot print.

Ever looked up close at a 21' billboard print? They are nasty. But, when viewed from 1/2 mile away, they look amazing. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.