Max height fc40

Reaction score
Hi everyone pretty new to all this but me and my father have just recently got two fc40s they fly great but I have noticed on my dad's drone it goes no where near the height mine is going ? Only about half ! . It then stops and won't go any higher . Can this be changed on the naza program ? Also what is the most i can put in the height box ? ... Thanks for your help

Hey Ethan, & Pops,
WELCOME TO THE PARTY

Yep, you can change it in the NAZA assistant. Let us know how high you can set it. Set it too high and you may not have enough battery to come down safely.
Sounds like dad's is set different from yours.

Here is a great way to search within our forum:
https://cse.google.com/cse/publicurl?cx=014775389315664725445:ejku2ysgyhi

Check my signature for some helpful info.

Enjoy the show & take video so we can watch what happens.

I did some searching and according to the NAZA assistant, you can set both height and radius anywhere between 10 M and 100,000 M.
That's a pretty optimistic high number.

Thanks for your help .i plugged his into naza and he was set to 50m i have changed mine to 2500 which i think is plenty ..Now all i need to get is a few more batteries a gimbal and a go pro ...lol one step at a time though ...what gimbal would you recommend for the fc40 ? thanks

Hey Ethan, happy weekend to ya.
So the NAZA assistant answered your question about the height thing. Cool.

As far as batteries and gimbal go, it's hard for me to recommend anything without knowing more about what kind of flying you and pops are going to do. Throw a bunch more info at me and I can offer up some advice. Hopefully it will be good advice.

So, what's your elevation? What camera will you use? Is this fun or business? Are you trying to max our flight time or film quality?

Cruise through the FC40 and P1 discussions and I bet most of your questions will be answered for you.

Have you clicked the link in my signature? Got a few pages of info there.
Happy flying.

Hi thanks for all your advice .It would be mainly for fun as i live near the south coast of England so i want to get some nice coastal footage Etc .. I want to get a go pro but i am hearing the Sj4000 is just as good and for the gimbal just something not to pricey and easy to fit ..

Reactions: IflyinWY
Ethan. Hello! I live and fly in Wiltshire and often visit the Isle of Wight (there will be some spectacular footage next week when a thousand or so yachts race round the Island btw!)

Are you happy about the CAA regs for our Phantoms? They are fairly straightforward.... You must have direct unaided visual contact with the aircraft (they equate this to 500m range and 400ft (150m) altitude... This is what I set in the NAZA. The hard 400ft limit is definite for heavier aircraft but I use it to be on the safe side). With the camera we must stay 150m from congested areas and outside gatherings of people, 50m from buildings and people "not under the pilots control" and 30m from people when taking off and landing. You can read the Air Navigation Order articles 167,168 on the web. Most of the regs are for birds above 7kg AUW so we are pretty free... But there have been prosecutions of Phantom pilots so I like to be safe.

In terms of rig, I have a Walkera G2D plastic Gimbal and GoPro H3+ silver and I love it! I sometimes use the FC40 camera velcroed to the battery door and a cheap wifi range extender to enable me to compose longer range shots as the GP wifi is fairly short range. I use black magic 3000mAh batteries from Amazon... Which give me about 11 mins in the heaviest fit above.

Enjoy!

Reactions: Tim5168
Ethan. Hello! I live and fly in Wiltshire and often visit the Isle of Wight (there will be some spectacular footage next week when a thousand or so yachts race round the Island btw!)

Are you happy about the CAA regs for our Phantoms? They are fairly straightforward.... You must have direct unaided visual contact with the aircraft (they equate this to 500m range and 400ft (150m) altitude... This is what I set in the NAZA. The hard 400ft limit is definite for heavier aircraft but I use it to be on the safe side). With the camera we must stay 150m from congested areas and outside gatherings of people, 50m from buildings and people "not under the pilots control" and 30m from people when taking off and landing. You can read the Air Navigation Order articles 167,168 on the web. Most of the regs are for birds above 7kg AUW so we are pretty free... But there have been prosecutions of Phantom pilots so I like to be safe.

In terms of rig, I have a Walkera G2D plastic Gimbal and GoPro H3+ silver and I love it! I sometimes use the FC40 camera velcroed to the battery door and a cheap wifi range extender to enable me to compose longer range shots as the GP wifi is fairly short range. I use black magic 3000mAh batteries from Amazon... Which give me about 11 mins in the heaviest fit above.

Enjoy!
hey do you know if those regulations apply in the US, as well? because what you laid out would be super helpful.
now we just need you all to use the correct units of measurement. :-D

hey do you know if those regulations apply in the US, as well? because what you laid out would be super helpful.
now we just need you all to use the correct units of measurement. :-D

Really? :rolleyes:

Reactions: dirkclod
I just assumed everyone here in the US knew about the Federal Aviation Administration.

Here in the us the FAA guild lines and safety suggestions are just that.. guide lines and suggestions its not law esp if non commercial use.

The CAA rule for a Phantom is within unaided line of sight... This is suggested to be normally below 400' and within 500m range. The only real hard limits are those if a camera is fitted.

The CAA rule for a Phantom is within unaided line of sight... This is suggested to be normally below 400' and within 500m range. The only real hard limits are those if a camera is fitted.
Excuse my ignorance... CAA is? Canadian? Google brings up AMA etc when I search CAA

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31