Max distance

Reaction score
My question is. MA2 say max flight distance is 10K, Mavic Pro 6K =/-, for max transmission distance. As far as distance traveled is this one way or would the 10K also allow return. of course all this would be in optimal conditions. I have a P3S and I had it out to 1,000 feet and was quit comfortable at that range. That has been my longest flight and I am just curious about the ranges.

My question is. MA2 say max flight distance is 10K, Mavic Pro 6K =/-, for max transmission distance. As far as distance traveled is this one way or would the 10K also allow return. of course all this would be in optimal conditions. I have a P3S and I had it out to 1,000 feet and was quit comfortable at that range. That has been my longest flight and I am just curious about the ranges.
MA2 10K is one way and this can be archive under optimal conditions. I personally archived 23K FT.

I have a P3S with Argtec range extender antennas and installed MagicPowerv5 firmware, which I managed to do with the help of my two sons as spotters. I lost visual line of sight at about 1600 feet... and I ignored my paranoia of not having the drone in my sight and was talking to my sons on face-time. The drone flew to 3600 feet before I couldn't take it anymore and hit the RTH button. I have not went that far anymore, I feel better being able to see the drone with my own eyes instead of having spotters. Better on my nerves as well...lol

What fw are yous running to get that far out....recently bought a ps3 and when I fly it....it looses signal and returns to home at about 120 metres out....on mine it is 1.9.20+ im in UK also.....

What fw are yous running to get that far out....recently bought a ps3 and when I fly it....it looses signal and returns to home at about 120 metres out....on mine it is 1.9.20+ im in UK also.....
This is definitely something wrong with your drone or RC. Don't know about P3S but P3A can easily reach 800m or more till it loose the signal.

I have a P3S with Argtec range extender antennas and installed MagicPowerv5 firmware, which I managed to do with the help of my two sons as spotters. I lost visual line of sight at about 1600 feet... and I ignored my paranoia of not having the drone in my sight and was talking to my sons on face-time. The drone flew to 3600 feet before I couldn't take it anymore and hit the RTH button. I have not went that far anymore, I feel better being able to see the drone with my own eyes instead of having spotters. Better on my nerves as well...lol
It would be much more stressful if you do that with no remote observers as most of distance catchers do.
The only reason to go beyond 900m with my P4P would be some extraordinary object or view which can't be reached other way. And in that case you must very carefully check the territory and have it in your mind all the flight time. And maintain the safe altitude of course.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.