Max decent speed

Reaction score
When decenting, can I pull the stick all the way down without worries about the motors shutting down?
In other words, when hand catching, we pull all the way back on the throttle stick for 3 seconds to stop the motors, what's preventing the bird from doing the same while decenting few hundred feet in the air and having the bird drop like a rock?

When decenting, can I pull the stick all the way down without worries about the motors shutting down?
In other words, when hand catching, we pull all the way back on the throttle stick for 3 seconds to stop the motors, what's preventing the bird from doing the same while decenting few hundred feet in the air and having the bird drop like a rock?

It is able to detect when it is on the ground (no longer descending) and yes you can hold the stick all the way down when descending without fear.

Reactions: JoshWMS and Shatty
When hand catching, we pull all the way back on the throttle stick for 3 seconds to stop the motors, what's preventing the bird from doing the same while decending few hundred feet in the air and having the bird drop like a rock?
Smart design and programming.
The design engineers are pretty clever.

Just DON'T hold both sticks down at the same time!

Both sticks down and into any corners should execute CSC.

Why on earth would you want to disable the motors mid-flight? IMO DJI should make the CSC operate the same as holding the left stick down...when the Phantom no longer detects decent then shut the motors down....not before.

Reactions: Norris04
Having the ability to disable the motors in flight can actually be a good feature in an emergency. There really is no reason that you would accidentally use the CSC. Think about it. Why would you EVER need to have the sticks in the CSC position during flight?

VRC is a issue to watch out for when coming straight down. You can spiral down or if you're not ready for that yet zig zag down. Also I always like to grab in mid air rather than fully land, sometimes I notice when the you think your down the P3 pops a little and sometimes if you're not careful it can start flying again and tip over.

Got it.
I read about it here and thought that this was taken care of by reduced max decent rate that's forced (built-into) P3s.

Is that not the case?

Has anyone experienced this?
I'm seing members claim to use max up/down without issues.
Are there things that contribute to this beyond calm air (no wind), where the quad is descending perfectly level?

Rule of thumb. If your not familiar with VRS. Then, you might want to descend 1ft per second. There hasnt been any case of people's p3 going into VRS because they are educated to avoid it. Just holding the throttle all the down will definitely go into VRS. They have videos on youtube showing what quads look like when going into VRS. They also have videos to show you how to get out of VRS had you entered it. Theres numerous ways to descend fast without going into VRS. It takes practice. I actually baby my quad and only descend 1ft per scond. I dont try other methods because theres usually objects around me that will interferv

Rule of thumb. If your not familiar with VRS. Then, you might want to descend 1ft per second. There hasnt been any case of people's p3 going into VRS because they are educated to avoid it. Just holding the throttle all the down will definitely go into VRS. They have videos on youtube showing what quads look like when going into VRS. They also have videos to show you how to get out of VRS had you entered it. Theres numerous ways to descend fast without going into VRS. It takes practice. I actually baby my quad and only descend 1ft per scond. I dont try other methods because theres usually objects around me that will interferv

1fps? Really?
I'm not saying is not a good idea, but at that rate a decent from 400' would take over 6 minutes.

Rule of thumb. If your not familiar with VRS. Then, you might want to descend 1ft per second.
Sorry but that's not good advice.
The P2 was limited to a snail's-pace 2 metres/sec (6.5 ft/sec) and anyone, anytime could come down from 400 feet holding the left stick down hard without VRS ever showing up.
1ft/sec is way too slow and there's no need to do this at all.
I brought my P3 down yesterday from my highest flight at the P3's increased descent velocity of 3 m/sec ( 10 ft/sec) in still air and no hint of a problem.

There hasn't been any case of people's p3 going into VRS because they are educated to avoid it. Just holding the throttle all the down will definitely go into VRS.
This is just not true.
Education has little to do with it and there are so many new flyers now, attracted by the P3.
Lots of flyers use the full down method quite safely.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic